Pacific Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington
View Poll Results: Who are you voting for?
Liberals
25.58%
Conservatives
58.14%
NDP
6.98%
Green
2.33%
bloc quebecois (for Armen)
6.98%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Who are you going to vote for?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 12:30 PM

Thumbs up Re: Who are you going to vote for?

Originally Posted by ianwells100
as long as the NDP stays out, i couldn't care less...

that is unless they raise income taxes or discourage small business, then i don't like them

screw healthcare and education, we should be made to pay for them ourselves (think england, not america on this)

and dammit, get rid of welfare for those who abuse it (not easily done) and stop supporting native ppl, i just couldn't care less for them in this day and age (b/c they really give nothing, their 'historic' culture is a sham in this day and age)

Damn Right!!
Old 12-15-2005, 12:37 PM

Re: Who are you going to vote for?

CONSERVATIVE!! We need less taxes, less government, less gun control, etc. I don't know where these liberals are coming from. And Gun control... Why should we (legitamate gun owners) be punished for thugs using illegal weapons??? I aint giving up My guns!!
Old 12-15-2005, 01:18 PM

Lets take two theoretical extremes on a continuum.

Lets pretend that there Are NO HAND GUNS available. They don't even make them. Now, how many people would die of handguns? ummmmm. Zero.

Ok now lets go to the other extreme, lets pretend that EVERY person that reaches the age of 19 is given a hand gun automatically by government. How many people would potentially die from hand guns. Ummmmm. More then zero.

If we would reasonably presume that based on that continuum that the fewer guns that exist, the fewer / less likely it is that people would die from handguns. I think any reasonable person would agree with that.

The problem is, that Pandoras box is already open and you cannot put the lid on. This is certainly more true of the US and Australia, to a lesser degree, Canada and certainly the UK. thus I have little hope that society is going to be able to roll back the use of handguns unfortunatley but I think any attempt to frustrate the ownership of them is fine. As far as I'm concerned there is plenty of rules in place for the legitimate sport gun owner so i don't see the need to clamp down on them any further.

I don't have the answer I just no that LESS hand guns at large is better then more. I don't have much time for anyone who is a gun defender.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:20 PM

I noticed the votes for the Liberals.

I just don't understand how it is that peope are willing to overlook the corruption, arrogance and simple lieing of th eLiberal party.

*shakes head*

one has to assume that people afraid of the alternative (Conservatives) but again i don't know why.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:17 PM

i defend guns for the reason of collecting, sport shooting, like target etc. not, i need a bazooka for self defence and shooting living things. i feel pretty damn safe here. the programs we have now make it hard to get one, which is good. when i was in nevada i felt safe there also, and they are a lax state with gun policy
Old 12-25-2005, 09:56 AM

NDP all the way!!! Say NO to Liberals and especially NOOOOOOOO to Conservatives.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:13 AM

im voting liberal, because the alternative isnt good enough, we will all end up with the exact same government we have now, minority liberal and this will be a huge waste of time and money. the liberal hand gun policy is just as stupid as the conservative ice breaker policy, " hey lets patrol the great white north incase the penguins attack" so what if the US uses our artic water, rent it out to them and make some money atleast.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:17 PM

Handgun ban isn't nessasarily about hand guns parsay, it's about trying to convince you that they should be able to tell you what's right and what's wrong. Pretty soon someone's gonna slip on a banana peel and they will come pre-peeled so that you cannot use it to make somebody slip.
If anybody wants to see the positive effects of a handgun ban, they should check out what's happening in the UK. Handguns banned. They want to ban kitchen knives. then issue cufews. Nothing stops those brits.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:01 PM

NDP all the way, they have no stupid ideas.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:08 PM

really, this thread is stupid, everyone here has their own agenda, and they will each try to preach that their agenda is most important...

jimbo seems obsessed with trashing my home nation, its a lot safer place than north america (although vancouver, for the most part is very safe, everywhere has its bad parts) - unless you've been there and lived the life, i wouldn't keep on spouting numbers, just my thoughts..

as for politicians, the liberals, i feel, are no more corrupt than any other group of politicians, they're all gonna take us for a ride, unfortunately its human nature when one gains a degree of power...

my agenda is what it is, hence why i vote conservative, others are helped most by the ideologies of the NDP, which is fine, but really... threads like these end up in arguing matches (as does any discussion on matters of politics)...

all i know, is that you should all do research, don't vote on a hunch, vote for the group that BEST fits ur personal goals... and we should all be made to vote, even if its just to spoil a ballot, just give ur voice
Old 01-01-2006, 01:22 PM

Hahaha, Jimbo still pushing for guns I see.

Here is a thread where I shot some holes in his thesis on violence. http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...=401420&page=2

Here is what happens to big cities with lots of guns. http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/3541466.html
Old 01-06-2006, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by HKA81
CONSERVATIVE!! We need less taxes, less government, less gun control, etc. I don't know where these liberals are coming from. And Gun control... Why should we (legitamate gun owners) be punished for thugs using illegal weapons??? I aint giving up My guns!!
Damn right!!!

mr00jimbo, there's no point in arguing with liberal guys like "sideways into 3rd" hell I'am scared he even owns a car, maybe we should make him keep it at the track or better yet lets pull his license!!
Old 01-09-2006, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tony89GTA
Damn right!!!

mr00jimbo, there's no point in arguing with liberal guys like "sideways into 3rd" hell I'am scared he even owns a car, maybe we should make him keep it at the track or better yet lets pull his license!!
He misbehaved at the track too.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:59 PM

A friend of mine told me this joke today and I had a good chuckle from it.

So this guy walks into this bar and is amazed that the bar tender is a robot. He asks a customer sitting at the bar what’s up with having a robot for a bar tender. The customer says it’s the greatest thing going. He then explains that the robot not only serves you, but also can talk to you no matter what you intelligence level is. The guy is totally amazed and says I have to check this out.

So he goes over to the robot and orders a scotch on the rocks, the robot serves him and then proceeds to ask the guy his name and his IQ. The guy thinks I’m going to fix this robot and says his name is Mark and has an IQ of 160. So then the robot starts to talk about physics, advanced mathematics, probability theories and micro biology. By the end of the night when Mark leaves, he is completely blown away, his head hurts and this is not from drinking too much. As he doesn’t understand or even have slightest idea about what the robot was talking about.

So Mark comes back the next night to the bar and the robot is still there serving drinks. He thinks to himself now I’m really going to fix this robot. So he walks up to the robot and orders a scotch on the rocks, the robot serves him and then proceeds to ask the guy his name and his IQ. This time he introduces himself as Dave and says he has an IQ of 100. The robot then proceeds to serve him and starts talking about hockey, football and just sports in general. This time he drinks way to much as he understands some of what the robot is talking about but not all of it and feels like he is inadequate because he doesn’t.

So Mark comes back the third night to the bar and the robot is still there serving drinks. He thinks to himself now I’m really going to fix this robot if it’s the last thing I do. So he walks up to the robot and orders a scotch on the rocks, the robot serves him and then proceeds to ask the guy his name and his IQ. This time he introduces himself as James and says he has an IQ of 50. To which the robot says yes I can see that, you have been coming back here for the last three nights and ordering the same drink and introducing yourself by a different name every night. You must have been dumb enough to vote for and believe the Liberal promises in the last election. And if you think that you are going to fool me by just telling me you have a different name each time you come in here, you must be dumb enough to believe Liberal promises and are going to vote for them in this election.

As far as I'm concerned this is right on the money for most of the people living in southern Ontario. NOW I SAID MOST NOT ALL!! As I believe that some of them have been able to dislodge their heads from the politicians A$$es to finally realize that the current government is not doing Canada any good.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:30 PM

my .02cents

I think handguns, should be allowed for this reason.
why do we have camaro's it isnt to drive to work, it is for cruising and draggin right? some people may like to go to the range and shoot their pistol i dont but some people might. So if you want to remove handguns remove sports cars too. also what about drunk drivers??

Quick Reply: Who are you going to vote for?