Pacific Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington

Two Vancouvers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 10:38 PM

Talking Two Vancouvers?

How dumb can this lady be???
Grenade in car shuts down border
The Associated Press

BLAINE - The biggest northern border crossing west of detroit was closed for about an hour monday after a lost american woman tried to drive into canada with a grenade in her glove compartment, canadian officials said.

The driver, a 28-year-old woman from Houston, was taken into custody but released after interviewers determined she didn't know the grenade was in the car, Royal Canadian Mounted Police spokesman Tim Shields said. The woman's husband works for the U.S. military and is apparently stationed at Fort Lewis, he said.

"According to her, she was intending to drive toward Vancouver, Wash., not Vancouver, British Columbia," Shields said.

"She was apparently new to the area," he said.

The woman realized her mistake when she arrived at the Peace Arch border crossing, and she had no choice but to drive through Canadian customs. An officer searched the car, which is registered to her, and found the grenade, he said.

She claimed to have no idea the weapon was there and "appeared to be quite traumatized," Shields said.

No charges were expected against the woman, who was returned to the United States on Monday afternoon, said Canadian customs spokeswoman Paula Shore.

The grenade was discovered about 1 p.m., prompting the closure and evacuationof the crossing. It reopened about 2 p.m.

During the closure, officials rerouted traffic to the truck crossing on Pacific Highway, less than a mile to the east.

Mike Milne, a Seattle-based spokesman for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, confirmed the closure.

About 8 million vehicles cross at Blaine, the northern end of Interstate 5, every year.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:02 PM

I wish I had a grenade
Old 02-17-2004, 11:04 PM

thats pretty sad

thats 2 retards out of texas already ... hope the rest of the state isnt like them
Old 02-17-2004, 11:12 PM

Dont you know that Tx has all the rocket guys They work for NASA so everyone else is basically not as bright. lol

After 5 years of dealing with a Moragage company & an Alarm company that cant get things straight & with them both being in Tx. My husband & I think that all the Fast food places must have been filled when these guys started looking for work.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:33 AM

LOL,,, with all the internet dealings I've had over the past 4-5 years I've only had TWO deals gon bad. That is well over $10k in internet transactions with used parts etc. and BOTH of the bad dealings were from people in Texas. Coincidence?

Mike
Old 02-18-2004, 02:36 AM

Give Texans a break, it's a huge state and look at all the nice vehicles that come from there. Tough law and capitol punishment too not like the summer-camp lockups we have up here. But to confuse Vancouver, Washington with Vancouver, Canada and drive around with a grenade in the car to cross the border is ludicrous. If she was crossing the other way she would have been locked up and interrogated for days.