New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

My wife finally has her Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 03:50 PM

My wife finally has her Camaro

Hello all,
I just wanted to introduce myself to the members of this slick site. I stumbled on it while searching for solutions on a starting issue when there is a lot of moisture in the air. Thanks to a quick search of past posts I now have some direction on what to try. Thanks
I lucked out with this car and was at the right place at the right time. That alone is amazing because I'm usually the guy that is 5 minutes to late. So here's the story on how I ended up with the car. I am a contracting who was sent to a home to do some renovations. When the homeowner opened the garage there sat a 95 Z28. I said, " wow, that's a beauty". We got to talking and he asked if I wanted to buy it. I told him I would love to but it was too rich for my blood. He is an older gentleman that can't get in and out of it any more, and I guess he wanted it to go to someone who could appreciate it. He told me I could have it for $2,000. I thought holy man, I can do that. I looked him straight in the eye and asked if he would take $1500 and to my suprize he said yes. Needless to say I sent my wife a photo and she loved it. She has always wanted a Camaro. That night she had one in the driveway. It took rear brakes and some new rubber and now she's flying around town like the queen bee. The best part is I this gave me serious points and I now have a new Mercury Optimax hanging on the back of my bass boat. Things do work out in the end. Lol.
Wow that was long winded, but that is my story. I look forward to contributing to the board when I can. Thanks again and cheers.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:12 PM

Congrats and welcome
Old 03-21-2012, 06:23 AM
Administrator

Re: My wife finally has her Camaro

Welcome to the site.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:56 PM

WOW...Someone's gonna get lucky tonight!

I had to buy mine with my own money... Mind you I didn't tell my husband I was buying a SS.....

He just came home from work one day and there she was! He just walked past it shaking his head!!!!!

Congrats!
Old 03-21-2012, 06:30 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by LisaG
WOW...Someone's gonna get lucky tonight!

I had to buy mine with my own money... Mind you I didn't tell my husband I was buying a SS.....

He just came home from work one day and there she was! He just walked past it shaking his head!!!!!

Congrats!
I wish my wife would do that, especially considering the last time she "just decided to buy a car" she bought a Prius. Although I am averaging 50.6 mpg with it.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:24 PM

Yeh but.....He's not allowed to drive it! He drove it once like a Grandpa and that was it!

Nice gas mileage... I could only wish, especially with the price of gas up here.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:47 PM

Thanks for the welcome. I'm told I'm allowed to drive it to the gas station and the car wash. Lucky me.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Laker
Thanks for the welcome. I'm told I'm allowed to drive it to the gas station and the car wash. Lucky me.

That a Girl!
Old 03-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Laker
Just be sure you take the long way 'round to each of those locations .

Welcome to CamaroZ28.com !