New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

Insurance Cost For '02 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 08:26 PM

Post Insurance Cost For '02 Z28

Greetings! I'm new to the world of owning a Camaro, but have been a fan my entire life. I'm 20 now, and looking to purchase a 2002 Z28, and the only hurdle at this point is finding insurance that won't break my bank. What do the rates look like for people with similar models, and any advice on where to start looking?

Last edited by Wolfman B; 03-02-2016 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Needed to add info
Old 03-03-2016, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Insurance Cost For '02 Z28

I’m 35 and married. My '02 Z28 is one of four cars on my policy, and I get a discount for having my homeowner's insurance with the same insurance carrier. I also get a discount for having a good credit score (~800). My policy is with Hanover Insurance Group, which I believe does business throughout the country.

My Camaro is in storage for the winter, and I pay about $50 for comprehensive-only coverage during this season (it’s covered in case of fire, theft, etc, but not covered for liability or collision).

I don’t have the exact figure available right now, but six months worth of full coverage with broadened collision (that means I only pay my deductible if I am at fault) costs about $450. My comprehensive deductible (if I hit a deer, or a rock shatters my windshield, or my house catches fire while the Camaro is in the garage) is $100, and my collision deductible (if I hit a structure or another vehicle) is $500.

Unless you're getting a bank loan, you'll probably only want PLPD (personal liability and property damage) coverage, which has no deductibles and does not cover any sort of damage to or loss of your car — it only pays for medical bills and for the repair of any property you damage in the event of an accident. This is the minimum coverage required by most states that require insurance. Banks require full coverage.

Note that I live in Michigan, which is one of the most expensive states for auto insurance due to our no-fault laws.

Our situations are pretty different, so I'm not sure how applicable any of this will be. My advice to you is to locate a local independent insurance agent and have them find the best policy for you.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:30 PM

I USE FRED LOYA I HAVE A 2014 VW JETTA AND MY Z28 AND I ONLY PAY 116 AND I VERIFY INSURANCE COVERAGE Everyday at work and fred loya is the cheapest from most states if not all *ps im under 25 and my wifes is also but have no accidents or tickets
Old 03-05-2016, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Comparing costs without knowing the specifics of the policy is sort of meaningless. Limits of liability, comprehensive, personal injury protection, uninsured motorist coverage, collision, deductibles, etc.. Some states have mandatory requirements, minimum allowable liability coverage, etc.

I notice no one indicated time basis of cost... e.g. monthly, 6-months, yearly. $116 per year would not seem realistic, for example.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:46 AM

My Camaro costs about $550.00 a year because it's not a daily driver.But I'm also as old as the hills and have a clean record.I'm covered fully because if I'm involved in an accident and am don't have enough insurance because of my fault,the other ins. co. will go after your house(California)I've seen this happen at my work when a girl there had an accident and it was her fault and she wasn't fully insured and the car was co-signed by her dad and the other ins. co. went after him for $80,000.For someone under 25 years old they socket to you.My daughters insurance dropped by about 1/2 when she turned 26.I also got a great rate from AAA tying up my 3 cars(daughter has her own ins.)I would google the web site that has multiple ins. quotes.Hope this helps.