New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

5th Camaro owner from So. IL

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2022, 01:06 PM

5th Camaro owner from So. IL

Hello all, I'm a lifelong Camaro enthusiast who just purchased my 5th Camaro (4th 4th gen body) and wanted to become part of a community with know-how, dedications, and shares. My recent purchase is an '02 Camaro Z28 LS1 with 117xxx on it. She's black on black with BOSS brand 18" wheels, and tinted windows. This is the 1st LS1 engine for me, I previously owned an LT1, and 2 V6 Camaros.
With this LS1 I can honestly say it's my favorite, and would like to hear from other members whom may have some information and or tips/tricks they're willing to share to keep it happy and running strong. Thanks for the welcome, I'm happy to be here.
Old 05-01-2023, 08:46 PM
Administrator

Re: 5th Camaro owner from So. IL

Welcome to CamaroZ28.com

Always good to see another 4th Gen owner. Unfortunately, this site seems to have very few active members any more, and most of us have primarily LT1 experience. Hopefully someone will respond to your door search.
Old 05-01-2023, 10:51 PM
Prominent Member

Location: Born on the Florida West Coast, now where can I retire?
Re: 5th Camaro owner from So. IL

LS1 on my car also.
Downsides: Some are subject to piston slap (knocking) when cold. Warmed up after a few minutes it's ok.Very tight clearances for maintenance.Generator can be problem with it being under the engine and subject to a lot of splash up. Make sure the generator splash shield is on and installed. Most shields go away after a few years. It's out of production now but I can send you a template for making a new one from plastic panels. 1/16" plastic is ok. Overall length is about 17". The 6-1/4" indicates the mounting holes.The attached image should print in full size."This is cut" dotted line is a cut so you can slip it over the front control arm..

Upsides: More power at higher rpm, a real screamer. No real bugs with the ignition system. 24 years going for me now and a happy LS1 experience.

Last edited by GaryDoug; 05-01-2023 at 11:08 PM.