New England Area For members in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

new dyno opening

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 04:22 AM

Originally posted by 96Z28SS
NEDYNO built the LS6 Shortblock all forged, balanced and blue printed shortblock for less than $4800.
I think thats what he ment by you getting punked. But the LT1's are more expensive to build then the LS1.

Rob
>SO Rob are you going to buy the shortblock from Nu-tek ? I would like to see someone get it , so I can see if it's me with that block or everyone with that block that get's all the delays .
I was checking all the part #'s that were provided to me for the shortblock build up and I can get it a little cheaper than the price I had Nu-tek build it for ... he is kind of pricey .
BTW the $4800.00 was shipping plus core charge of $350.00 , and short block . I believe that $4300.00 was the actual price .
Old 05-05-2003, 08:10 AM

Originally posted by bowtiepwr
>You are probably the biggest dork on this site
As for sending it to a shop locally ... well it's up to the engine builder (Nu-tek) whether he will (would have) paid for a local inspection of the short block or not ! Since it was the shipping companies fault the only peron(s) that had to pay was the shipper , it was covered under their insurance . If I had known it would have taken another year (exaggeration) I would have bit the bullet and sent it to RAD here in Ludlow to inspect it .
As far as getting "PUNKED" well let's just say that this is about an average cost for a custom built short block .
I'm sure if I'm wrong then I'll hear it from the other guys too .
Whoa! You have never met me then. Jesus I wasnt bashing man.
Just stating a fact, giving you some info or something.

ps - Call me a dork to my face bro, I guarantee you wont as so much look my way, be careful who you knock, some of us arent so civil. That was uncalled for.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:13 AM

first i want to state i have never dealt with RAD. i did a lot of research when I was looking to get my mustang motor done a few years back.

i talked to a lot of people and I have friends who are dealers (not ed) in the spfld area who will not send any work to them. they all had a lot of problems with them. as far as workman ship and engine failure

these motors were regular v8's. never mind a stroked LT1 motor.

I also have a close friend who had a 427 rebuilt for his afx car and he had to have the motor redone by someone else. i also almost bought a car that had a motor done by them. the reason the car was so cheap is they screwed the motor up in that car.

andre, one of the best engine builders in north american is in ellington CT. I would contact Les at Horsepower engineering. They build serious motors for drag, road and busch north cars. They are a little more expensive but they do everthing in house and its done right.

thats good to know about them getting a dyno though.

good luck and sorry to here about your old motor.
Old 05-05-2003, 05:51 PM

Originally posted by 5-liter-eater
Whoa! You have never met me then. Jesus I wasnt bashing man.
Just stating a fact, giving you some info or something.

ps - Call me a dork to my face bro, I guarantee you wont as so much look my way, be careful who you knock, some of us arent so civil. That was uncalled for.

whatever
Old 05-05-2003, 05:52 PM

Originally posted by 9SECONDLX
first i want to state i have never dealt with RAD. i did a lot of research when I was looking to get my mustang motor done a few years back.

i talked to a lot of people and I have friends who are dealers (not ed) in the spfld area who will not send any work to them. they all had a lot of problems with them. as far as workman ship and engine failure

I also have a close friend who had a 427 rebuilt for his afx car and he had to have the motor redone by someone else. i also almost bought a car that had a motor done by them. the reason the car was so cheap is they screwed the motor up in that car.

andre, one of the best engine builders in north american is in ellington CT. I would contact Les at Horsepower engineering. They build serious motors for drag, road and busch north cars. They are a little more expensive but they do everthing in house and its done right.

thats good to know about them getting a dyno though.

good luck and sorry to here about your old motor.
>Hmmmn...
makes you think !
Thanks Dennis .
Old 05-05-2003, 10:07 PM

Originally posted by 9SECONDLX

Whoa! I hope my stroker doesn't turn into an expensive boat anchor! Don at RAD really seems to know his stuff, but maybe some of his workers aren't on par.
Old 05-09-2003, 11:32 PM

i didn't know you already had sent it back i thought you were still waiting to here from them and maybe working something out.
If you still had it in your possesion I would of went and picked it up and given you the money.

I hope you have some good luck with your new motor.

Rob

P.S.
I know things haven't worked out for ya and you may be upset but you shouldn't be called people names in here, we are all grown up around here there is just no need for it.
Plus I have heard other members say in person they thought you were a dork. They just didn't have the ***** to say it here.
Old 05-10-2003, 06:37 AM

Originally posted by 96Z28SS
I know things haven't worked out for ya and you may be upset but you shouldn't be called people names in here, we are all grown up around here there is just no need for it.
Plus I have heard other members say in person they thought you were a dork. They just didn't have the ***** to say it here.
>Thanks for the advice , and I welcome your pitty .
as for me being a "DORK" I can live with that it's not like I am married to you or you pay my salary ... wait a minute you do pay my salary .
So since you called me a "dork" should I challenge you to a meeting in the school playground ? maybe 20 paces with pistols ? I like to believe that I am above that and the only time I will use force is to protect what is mine (family,self,and especially the Camaro) . I'm not a big guy , but I can bite a mean ankle .
When you start calling people a punk , then shouldn't all calls towards decency be lifted ? When you dish it out ... then you should be able to take it too .
As for other members considering me a dork then they must not know me then usually it obnoxious .
enough on this subject .

Does anyone from the western part of this state plan on using this dyno ?
Old 05-10-2003, 09:20 AM

>Thanks for the advice , and I welcome your pitty .
as for me being a "DORK" I can live with that it's not like I am married to you or you pay my salary ... wait a minute you do pay my salary .
So since you called me a "dork" should I challenge you to a meeting in the school playground ? maybe 20 paces with pistols ? I like to believe that I am above that and the only time I will use force is to protect what is mine (family,self,and especially the Camaro) . I'm not a big guy , but I can bite a mean ankle .
When you start calling people a punk , then shouldn't all calls towards decency be lifted ? When you dish it out ... then you should be able to take it too .
As for other members considering me a dork then they must not know me then usually it obnoxious .
enough on this subject .

Does anyone from the western part of this state plan on using this dyno ?
Nice obscure referance I never said you were a punk??? I said you got punked as in "sounded like a high price" ITs no biggie I can take being called names but lets remember who called who something, I never said anything about you, maybe you took it that way We can square it away at the next dyno day. Over the internet is pointless. See ya soon. I am really friendly when you meet me

Last edited by 5-liter-eater; 05-10-2003 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-10-2003, 12:00 PM

>Does anyone from the western part of this state plan on using this dyno ?
Hell yeah. I will have either a blower or nitrous on with the stroker by the time the dyno opens up so I'll need to tune my car. My brother's nitroused '94 Z will be there frequently as well.