New England Area For members in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

It lives :D

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2002, 08:35 PM

Talking It lives :D

The subject says it all boys

Thanks to New England Dyno and Tuning and SRA Transmission my Z/28 is running on all 8 cylinders.
I got a call at about 11 am at work today and was asked a question "can you hear that?" I said hear what.....then Vroooom, Vrooooom, whistle, whistle....damn near sported a chubba through the bottom of my desk

I'm picking it up tomorrow and will be posting an "it lives" video over the weekend.

If anyone wonders why it took me so long to get it running I got two words for ya "Quest Racing"

I would avoid them at all costs and wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy. On the other hand I would highly recommend dealing with New England dyno and Tuning and SRA Transmission.

The pisser about the whole thing is A) the track is closed and B) I leave for Asia on Monday for 10 days

Uncle Marc
Old 10-31-2002, 09:15 PM

YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats man

you gonna try to break her in gentle like before laying down some dyno/wot tuning runs?
Old 10-31-2002, 09:53 PM

hmm i was goin to send my car there to quest guess i wont now who else around here is good? and somewhat resonable?
Old 11-01-2002, 05:23 AM

Originally posted by naztyz28
hmm i was goin to send my car there to quest guess i wont now who else around here is good? and somewhat resonable?
What are you looking to have done?

Where do you live ?

NEDT is good and they will take care of you (Worcester area), if you live south SRA Transmission is good (Portsmouth RI). If you're more westerly, then I've heard good things about Ed Gaunt.

For more proof that Quest Racing sucks, refer to a certain Blown 396 that hasn't been terrrorizing the streets all summer either.

EDIT - almost forgot your comment about reasonable.....

From reasonable do you mean having your Z sit somewhere (Quest racing) for four months as they seem uninterested in fixing it and come up with excuse after excuse and string you along only to have it run on 5 cylinders when they do finally get you running and to have them call you at 9:30 at night at your home hounding you for money

Marc

Last edited by 1st and goal; 11-01-2002 at 05:28 AM.
Old 11-01-2002, 06:46 AM

congrats! man now you can actually go to the track instead of watching like last weekend! too bad it is only a week late owell take a trip down to jersey i might be interested in a road trip any other f-body's wanna do a caravan down to jersey and race?
Old 11-01-2002, 08:06 AM

Quest Racing Is that the shop behind NEDT? Earlier this year all you guy's were saying they are the best
Old 11-01-2002, 09:07 AM

the story

NEDT is its own shop, it has a dyno shop and does performance mods on GM and Fords. Quest Racing is an racing engine assembly shop. Mark and John decided to have some work done at Quest Racing. Problem is Quest Racing got sponsership to run Pro Mod in IHRA and NHRA this year and that came first everything in there shop stood at a stand still. For next year they will be running a 2 car team they will be 2 1968 Camaro's with over 2100 hp each.
Plus they have a waiting list of other Pro Mod owners wanting there engines.

So can you see why they really don't want to do low dollar small block any more each Pro Mod motor they build is $80k.

NEDT has however will continue to build motors for whomever wants one.
Right now they have a bigger bore LS1 theat they are working on.

Rob
Old 11-01-2002, 09:22 AM

Originally posted by Slowhawk
Quest Racing Is that the shop behind NEDT? Earlier this year all you guy's were saying they are the best
So you have never changed your opinion about anything????

Once they got the Pro-mod deal everything seemed to take a back burner to it including my Z and John's and I'm not to ****ing happy about it, would you? I would not be that pissed had the thing run right but to get porked for big bucks and not have it running right after four months sucks. Do you not agree ?

Quest did the work on the cam sync and when it wouldn't run right, they did not have the time to properly trouble shoot it and fix it.

I'm just trying to tell you guys in this section about my experiences and that the car is running.

We all use this board to help each other out and to find out what works and what doesn't.

Marc
Old 11-01-2002, 10:40 AM

Marc,
Your more than welcome! Glad we could help you. As you know we are solidily connected dyno shop with the expertise and resources to get your car to the level you and Nedyno expects and requires. Where we Dyno and Tune all cars both domestic and foreign as well as performance mods on all we have to rely on our "Partners" to offer the customers "One Stop Shopping" at the highest level availble anywhere. Quest is in a new arena now and it is dissapointing that they can no longer support customers as they once could. Here is what they are concentrating on now http://www.competitionplus.com/10_30...vp_racing.html
Thanks again Marc, for letting New England Dyno help you with your state of the art combination!
Looking forward to seeing you in my rearview mirror this winter for our trip to the races!

Dean
www.nedyno.com
Old 11-01-2002, 12:58 PM

I know Dean is seperate.Dean is great to deal with Just all year everybody was blowing loads about how great the motor shop was I got beat down for suggesting other shops.Face it NEDT is awesome,Quest racing does big motors,but sucks for the average guy on this board.Who care's that they build 2000hp motors if they can't make an average customer happy.
Old 11-01-2002, 01:33 PM

thats awesome marc,

im very happy for you. its been a long time in the making.

just in time to plow snow.

dennis
Old 11-01-2002, 03:23 PM

i live in worcester looking for a mild build up 355 and eventually supercharge it anyone know a ball park estmate is ?oh its for a 94 z28 btw thanks
Old 11-01-2002, 03:48 PM

Marc I am glad to hear you got that badboy running again. That sucks that quest is not trying to help the people with their buildups.

I was very impressed with the guy that did 9secondlx both cars. He seems to know his stuff and does it right.

Have fun Marc
Old 11-01-2002, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Congratulations.
Old 11-01-2002, 05:58 PM

Originally posted by naztyz28
i live in worcester looking for a mild build up 355 and eventually supercharge it anyone know a ball park estmate is ?oh its for a 94 z28 btw thanks
Like they say in Mad Max....speed is just a question of money, how fast do you want to go

I had an issue with the lighting on the trailer so I am picking it up first thing in the morning.

Thanks guys, appreciate the good thoughts

Dean,
You going to be at the shop tomorrow ?

Marc

Quick Reply: It lives :D