N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

piecing together a kit, please recomend.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 12:31 AM

piecing together a kit, please recomend.

well, I have a NOS bottle with a high flow valve already, so i'm going to piece together my own single nozzel efi nitrous kit. It's a budget kit, but i want the best i can get for my money. it's been a while since i've been up to date with nitrous, so i'm seeking advice or verification of my own thoughts.
-Best solenoids to use??? NX and zex used to be some of the best...still hold true?
-Best nozzle?
-Best TPS activation switch?
-Best basic bottle heater? (just a basic no thrills bottle heater)
-Best control setup....i want to be able to use something that provides retarding, window switch, and fuel controller? i like the zex setup, but it's 250 bucks. any others??
thanks!
Old 10-12-2006, 09:02 AM

Re: piecing together a kit, please recomend.

get the mallory digital ignition box, it has a built in rev limiter and window switch, thats two upgrades in one package.

i have some nos solenoids i can sell you for 60 dollars shipped, they are the powershot solenoids. fuel and nitrous. good to i believe 150hp.

i would use the nos2 nozzle

but i think you would be better buying a used kit from someone. you will come out better this way. alot cheaper than making your own.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:21 AM

We have a Core Wet Kit that is on sale for $199.99. Here is a link:

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...age=1&featured

Solenoids come with a Lifetime Warranty, let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 10-12-2006, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by HarrisSpeedWorks
We have a Core Wet Kit that is on sale for $199.99. Here is a link:

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...age=1&featured

Solenoids come with a Lifetime Warranty, let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Matt
thats well worth it too, great price matt.
if you have the bottle and main feed line this is the way to get things started.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:34 PM

well, no on the nos solenoids...those aren't very great.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:38 PM

real reason i want to piece together a kit is so that i can use what i want. I'm going to use earls pro350 for fuel line for a cleaner look, and i'm getting braided black covered high pressure lines for the nitrous. I'm going to do this and pick up some good solenoids and nozzels. i would get a mallory ignition box, but Tunercat lets me set my rev so i don't need to spend that much for the mallory. with lines, carbon fiber bottle opener, and brackets for my bottle, i'm only up to 120 bucks so far.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:20 PM

If you go the custom line route make sure the lines are capable of the PSI that you are going to run. Just a heads up, we offer custom SS Braided Teflon hoses in a variety of colors that can be used with just about anything (N2O, fuel, power steering and so on). Here's a link:

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop/home.php?cat=261

Thanks,
Matt

Originally Posted by blackztpi
real reason i want to piece together a kit is so that i can use what i want. I'm going to use earls pro350 for fuel line for a cleaner look, and i'm getting braided black covered high pressure lines for the nitrous. I'm going to do this and pick up some good solenoids and nozzels. i would get a mallory ignition box, but Tunercat lets me set my rev so i don't need to spend that much for the mallory. with lines, carbon fiber bottle opener, and brackets for my bottle, i'm only up to 120 bucks so far.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:39 PM

matt, your lines are the only lines i can use for my app, which i still need to order. I have to say, you're an agressive salesman...but a good one that both parties like. your aspect is sales, but you have no idea how helpful it is to have a guy searching through threads looking for people who need help and could use your items. thanks for the pm's also on the nitrous lines. do your line kits come assembled with ends?

Last edited by blackztpi; 10-12-2006 at 11:52 PM.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:42 PM

oh, and i do have another question....i'm planning on running the line under the car right with the fuel linesup through the drivers side inner fender thing. i think that will be ultimately clean looking. But, do you suggest anything for keeping the line covered from road grime and stuff? I don't drive it in the winter and hardly any rain, but i'd hate to scrape or corode my expensive line. any thoughts?
Old 10-13-2006, 12:40 AM

ok, would it be worth it for me just to skip buying solenoids and get the zex nitrous management unit? i like the idea and it'd only be about 100 bucks more than 2 good solenoids. much easier to mount. i've never used one of these units though...any good?
Old 10-13-2006, 09:07 AM

Do some more research on the zex boxes. They are pretty much a box with two solenoids in it along with an integrated TPS switch, that's all. There is no fuel control or anything like that inside the box, just marketing. We've had a few cars come though the shop for conversions from the zex kits to the HSW kits. They do a few other odd things, like put restrictions in the main feed line along with some in the box to limit the size of a shot you can run.

On the hoses, if you run them under the vehicle and you want to keep them clean you'll just have to get under there once in a while. It is not bad cleaning them as they wipe down very easily since the have a PVC coating over them.

Thanks,
Matt