N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

Nitrous Works LT1 Kit questions, for the users, please help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 01:19 PM

Nitrous Works LT1 Kit questions, for the users, please help!

Hey guys,

Just installing my Nitrous Works lt1 wet kit into my '95. I have a few questions.

1st), the fuel spray bar is closer to the engine(manifold) or on the inside, and the nitrous spray bar is on the outside, correct? That's what the one crappy pic in the instructions seems to show, and I think the markings are on the underside of the tb plate that i already installed, so just want to make sure.

2nd), what jets are you guys running for what setting? It came in my instructions, but i remember reading somewhere that Nitrous Works has problems miss stamping jets. It seemed a bit odd to me that a nitrous jet for the 75hp setting was bigger then the fuel jet for the 75hp setting (hole in jet), is this about right? My buddy that used to spray his carbed car in the past said he thinks the fuel jets should be bigger then nitrous jets. What are your thoughts?

The WOT micro switch i still need to install, instructions say nothing, a few more diagrams or real pics of stuff installed would be helpfull.

The wiring harness that comes with the kit is a joke. But that's ok, I can make my own nice one, and incorporate my window switch and a real relay with it.

Anyhow thanks for your help guys, if anyone has any pics of this kit installed that would help, or any other general comments and experiences with this kit would help. Would like to avoid as many "mistakes" as possible.

Also, what gauge wire to use for a bottle heater to the trunk, and, do you guys install the heater on a switched wire, or full time hot.
Thanks guys,

Igor.

Last edited by IgorT.455/406; 10-12-2006 at 01:21 PM.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:50 PM

Re: Nitrous Works LT1 Kit questions, for the users, please help!

Originally Posted by IgorT.455/406
Hey guys,

Just installing my Nitrous Works lt1 wet kit into my '95. I have a few questions..
Can't answer all but I will do my best

1st), the fuel spray bar is closer to the engine(manifold) or on the inside, and the nitrous spray bar is on the outside, correct? That's what the one crappy pic in the instructions seems to show, and I think the markings are on the underside of the tb plate that i already installed, so just want to make sure..
Not sure

2nd), what jets are you guys running for what setting? It came in my instructions, but i remember reading somewhere that Nitrous Works has problems miss stamping jets. It seemed a bit odd to me that a nitrous jet for the 75hp setting was bigger then the fuel jet for the 75hp setting (hole in jet), is this about right? My buddy that used to spray his carbed car in the past said he thinks the fuel jets should be bigger then nitrous jets. What are your thoughts?.
The nitrous jets will be larger than the fuel jets due to higher fuel pressure in EFI setups over carb

The WOT micro switch i still need to install, instructions say nothing, a few more diagrams or real pics of stuff installed would be helpfull.
The WOT goes inline between the master arming switch and the relay.

The wiring harness that comes with the kit is a joke. But that's ok, I can make my own nice one, and incorporate my window switch and a real relay with it.
sounds like you got this one

Anyhow thanks for your help guys, if anyone has any pics of this kit installed that would help, or any other general comments and experiences with this kit would help. Would like to avoid as many "mistakes" as possible.
no pics here

Also, what gauge wire to use for a bottle heater to the trunk, and, do you guys install the heater on a switched wire, or full time hot. .
12 gauge or larger

Let me know if you have any other questions
Old 10-12-2006, 07:22 PM

I mounted the WOT switch on the firewall behind the gas pedal, its worked perfectly for me. Im pretty sure I used 12ga wire for the heater as chop already recommemded.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Moshbmx1
I mounted the WOT switch on the firewall behind the gas pedal, its worked perfectly for me.
Ya, that's almost a better idea. I used a Th400 kick down switch once in the past for my friends nitrous setup on a th350 car, but I don't think this car would have the brackets needed to hook up a th400 kick down switch.

I'll look at it tomorrow and see what I can figure out.

Anyone else running this kit?

Thanks guys,

Igor.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:31 PM

I used 12 gauge wire on both the power and ground for the bottle heater. I used 18 gauge for the signal wires. I used a switched power source through the fuse block on the side of the dash on the drivers side. I also crimped in a 30 amp fuse just as a precaution.