N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

just making sure

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 07:49 PM

just making sure

Hey guys i just got my Nitrous kit going. NOS wet kit, bottle heater, purge, NOS progressive controller, all gauges ,and nitro daves nitrous plate well that is my kit. I got my computer tunned so it pulls 1.5 degrees timing at WOT, I ent to dyno and tested all the jets to see what H.P. they did and how they affected the A/F ratio. I got everything set. Well any way my question is i have spent a **** load of money and i was wondering if i have forgot anything important before i start spraying on a regular basis. and also was wondering if u guys could give me any tips since im very new to nitrous , and possibly what to look out for. Thanks alot guys i just dont want to screw this up since ive gone this far.
oh and also i have had tremendous ignition issues in the past and just finally got them worked out and was wondering if it is ok to run stock ignition with my setup, or should i hook up a ignition booster or some sort.
thanks alot guys
Old 09-22-2006, 03:29 PM

Re: just making sure

I'm not sure if you already have these items installed, but a window switch and 1 step colder spark plugs would also be a good idea. The stock ignition will be fine assuming it is in good working order. On a sidenote, the Mallory 685 ignition box has a built-in window switch and timing retard function. Therefore, you can pull timing only when the nitrous is spraying and the window switch will only allow the nitrous to spray in a certain rpm window so you don't get any violent backfires or engine damage.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:46 PM

Re: just making sure

To answer your reply, yes i have all items installed and in working order. Also i forgot i have ngk TR6's , and my ignition is in good working order.
thanks for the reply