N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

Just bought a Venom Dry Kit and have many Q's

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 02:41 PM

Just bought a Venom Dry Kit and have many Q's

Ok I made a post about a month ago asking about a head/cam combo from LE on this site and got nothing but awesome info so I'm turning to you guys again. (by the way if any of you remeber that post I'm still doing it just holding off until after I graduate in Dec.) I just bought a NOS Nitous Venom kit and this is my first experience with the juice. I have a built 383 stroker with forged internals and the kit comes with a 150 jet. My 1st q. is is this too much for me, I'm a little worried about that and was actually planning on getting a 100 or 75 jet. My next q. is what adjustments to my fuel and pcm will I need to make, if any. Also where should I put the line in? Right before the MAF, after, in the CAI. Any other tips or needs to knows would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by ChazGotACAmaro; 10-08-2006 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Administrator

Re: Just bought a Venom Dry Kit and have many Q's

I just bought a NOS Nitous Venom kit..
Confusing... was the kit manufactured by NOS or was it manufactured by Venom? Is it a wet or dry kit? What model? What does your existing fuel system include?
Old 10-09-2006, 02:50 AM

Sorry, that was how the kit was listed, it's a Venom kit, dry, my fuel system is stock but I do have a set of 42#injectors and am buying a Walbro 255 lph fuel pump within the month.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:44 AM

All of the venom kits I know of used a box to add pulse width to the injectors. If I rember right the kits had you tap in to the ground side of the injector and then you would set the box to what HP you wanted. I think it also tied in to the O2 sensors but I'm not exactly sure how all of it went together since I've never had any hands on experince with them. I'm not sure Venom is even around anymore, but their parent company Python is you might try calling them for some instructions.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:24 PM

Another question I just thought of is what should I have in a complete kit? I'm buying the kit off ebay and it said it is fully functional but it looks like there are missing parts such as the steel braided lines for one. If it's just stuff like the lines and some bolts thats no biggie I can pick that up for cheap at the local speed shop. If you guys notice anything major missing let me know please. Here's a link to the auction. You may have to copy and paste

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...30034807990&ih

Last edited by Injuneer; 10-11-2006 at 10:19 AM. Reason: It wouldn't link correctly with the [url] you added. Let the system add the tags
Old 10-11-2006, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Exactly which Venom kit is it - VCN-1000, VCN-2000?

Here's a link to the Venom page with the Install manuals:

http://www.venom-performance.com/nf/html/prodtoc.cfm

If you look at Sect. 1.2 of the manual, it tells you what is included in the kit. For example, in the eBay pictures, where is the 20-ft main line from the nitrous tank to the solenoids? Where is the "computer" module - is it that amorphous black lump in photo 5 on eBay?
Old 10-11-2006, 04:08 PM

That's actually why I was asking, I looked up the kits on the venom site and there was a bunch of stuff pictured on the site that weren't shown in the ebay ad. I should have done more research on the kit before I bought it from this guy. I guess I'll just have to wait till it gets here. If it's only partial I may re-list it on ebay but actually tell people what they are getting.

Chad
Old 10-18-2006, 02:03 AM

I used to run the vcn-2000 with good results but you got hosed on that auction. You dont have ANYTHING but a venom bottle. The 2 solenoids are nos standard solenoids and you dont have any of the venom equipment. Sorry buddy, you got pwnd.