N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

dual stage dry kit using wet foger nozzle

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 08:13 PM

dual stage dry kit using wet foger nozzle

I just had an idea, i dotn know if its any good or not, but currently i am using the NX wet kit with the shark nozzle. I am going with the FAST ignition setup and plan on running a dual stage dry kit. I wsa just wondering if I could use the same Shark nozzle, only instead of having fuel line go in the fuel port, put another dry line going to it from another solenoid? has anyone tried this? any suggestions? I have never run a dry kit before so i have no idea what the nozzles even look like.

Thanks
Chad
Old 03-08-2004, 12:51 AM

IMO Chad, stick with the wet kit(s).
Old 03-08-2004, 05:46 AM

Is there a reason why u suggest sticking wet? Dry with sequential fuel and spark timing is the way to go in my opinion! its basically like a direct port wet kit, and less of a chance of blowing your intake through your hood. maybe im wrong...

Chad
Old 03-08-2004, 09:31 PM

Depending on how big of a shot you're going to run this time around; you'll need some pretty big injectors for your dry kit(s). And those arn't going to be friendly to drive around on, although I know your T/A isn't a daily driver.

IMO, wet kits just hit harder. Plus if something goes mechanically wrong with an injector and it locks up, you might loose a cylinder due to a lean condition. With a wet kit, all you've got to do is hit it with the bottle unhooked to make sure your fuel solenoid is working. Less mechanically to worry about, even though the kit is more complicated.

BTW, what do you mean sequential fuel? When I go back to the bottle, I'm going to run its own dedicated fuel system. 3 gallon fuel cell in the back and run the wet side(s) with C16.

If you're really worried about fuel pooling in the intake manifold or other nitrous burps, just go direct port.

I've heard that if you run a wet kit, the front two run rich because more fuel gets delivered there and the back two run a little lean. Couldn't the same be said about a dry kit, maybe? But only in reverse. More nitrous is sucked up by the first two cylinders causing them to go lean while the back two don't get as much nitrous and go rich.

What I'm going to do down the line is just run a regular small wet kit for the first stage to get out of the hole, then the big direct port for the big end of the track.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:37 AM

Big dry shot, Big injectors, and Fast to program it all. The key is the FAST...it hsa many options that make programming your car pretty trick, esprcially with big solid cams, or big dry shots. I gues what i meant to say was individual fuel and spark timing....you can comensate each cyllinder witht eh proper amount of fuel and timing.
-if an injector locks up, you could lose a cyllinder...but what if your fuel solenoid locks up? you'll lose all 8
-I wasnt too concerned with fuel pooling up at first, but with a bigger shot, i think it will be more apt to do so

Any suggestions on the original question about the dual stage throu a wet nozzle? thanks

Chad