N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

2 wet nozzles just after the maf (lt1)

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 01:49 AM

2 wet nozzles just after the maf (lt1)

After reading some comments about how plates after the tb cause issues with the first 2 cylinders and how it was best to put the nozzles as far back to give time to atomize.. I decided to try putting my 2 nozzles just after the maf in my vortech elbow.. I'm running into a issue though where the gas just pours back out the filter and then the car stalls and dies (yes the nozzles are pointed in the correct direction). Below is a picture I know it's a ugly but it's just temp until I finish plumbing the direct port kit.

Any thoughts on what could cause this? I wasn't leaning out which is a huge plus. I got the jet sizes from NOS directly (told them PSI, number of foggers, and desired shot)

What are you guys thoughts? I've been thinking moving the nozzles right after the bend would that help as I guess this is a divider in the bend and I'm thinking the gas may be "Puddling" off it, and pouring back out or is this more of a jetting or possibly faulty fuel solinode issue? Have any of you guys put your nozzles in this location?

Thanks for your help and time.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:57 PM

Its a little hard to tell from your photo but, with my nitrous outlet nozzles, the fuel is straight in and the nitrous comes in at an angle. Is this how yours is?
my nozzles are after the bend close to the tb.

just a thought, the fuel left in the line after the solenoid, could be draining back out of the filter if its pointed down

maybe 2 to 3 table spoons
Old 05-19-2010, 02:10 PM

Thanks for the response, it was pouring out a lot of fuel.. much more then a couple tb. My nozzles come in at a 90 degree angle they are the older kind.

I talked to a buddy of mine just a few moments ago and it seems he ran into a similar issue where the fuel would puddle in the elbow. He said (as we suspected) moving the nozzles just in front of the TB (after the bend) did the trick. Hopefully I can get that intake welded up and re-plump it in the new location this week. If only my mig welded aluminum I could fix it tonight.