Mountain Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming

help a newby???

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 05:26 PM

help a newby???

Hey guys just recently picked up a 94 and would like to do some work to it. car is in good condition other than some dings on the body. I dont know much about cars but would love to learn and want to do something to up the power... and pretty much anything to make my camaro more badass than it already is. any suggestions?
Old 10-22-2010, 06:39 PM

If you are looking to do it yourself then I think the simplest, easiest, and one of the cheapest items would be a Cold Air Intake.... you should be able to do that with just a few hand tools and little knowledge about cars. It wont be a huge power increase but 10-15 more HP.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:36 PM

If it already runs good, I would consider some exhaust items. Maybe a simple set of mufflers and tips would make you a happy camper. If you want it really loud, check out a muffler company called sweet thunder. I think their website is www.sweetthunder.com
I put a set of these on my '04 GTO and couldn't be happier with the sound. Very loud, very aggressive, and I always got compliments.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:18 PM

Re: help a newby???

Thanks for the help guys. I looked into what you suggested and came up with a few more questions. Do I want a throttle body spacer to go with my cai? Also do I want to use a heat shield or is that worth the effort? As far as mufflers go I looked into sweet thunder but didn't see any for a 94 camaro. I did find a brand called hooker aerochamber that was highly recommended. If I were to go with those what else would i want besides the muffler itself. Also I read that the mufflers can affect power and performance. Is that true?
Old 11-14-2010, 08:08 AM
Administrator

Re: help a newby???

You also posted these questions on the "New Member Introduction" forum. I answered your question about the throttle body spacer, but we need more info - tell us more about your car - is it a V6 or V8? What model (you indicated Camaro on the other forum).

The best thing to do is:

1. Set up a "Signature" with basic info about your car - year, model, engine, trans and any major modifications.

2. Post technical questions in the correc "tech" forum - if its the V8, post in "LT1 Based Engine Tech", if its a V6 post in the "V6 Tech" forum. We also have forums for "Exhaust", "Drivetrain", "Suspension, Chassis and Brakes"....... etc.

3. Need to clarify what you mean by a "heat shield".

Welcome, and good luck.