Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

M9 Post-event THANK YOU

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 12:59 AM

Re: M9 Post-event THANK YOU

To Jason and the whole crew, you did a great job and thanks for taking the time and effort to put this on again.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:48 AM

Great save on getting us out of there in a timely manner. I definitely prefer running earlier but you guys did awesome with what was given to you.

One point for improvement: Martin broadcasts their PA over a radio frequency. Why does Stanton not do this? It sure would help to know what's going on.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Becca_007
One point for improvement: Martin broadcasts their PA over a radio frequency. Why does Stanton not do this? It sure would help to know what's going on.
I recommend you contact Jeff at the track and TELL him that. He's pretty responsive about making improvements to the track and you can visibly see it getting better each and every year.

Scott, I'm sorry to hear about you and Matt being disappointed with the whole M experience. I, for one loved watching you two race on the track. Both your car (and especially Matts) have a very distinctive sound when they launch.

There were quite a few of us who were upset about the way things ended up, but we were more upset with the folks who couldn't keep the antifreeze in their cars than at the track personnel or the promoters. People should check their T-top latches, hose clamps and catch bottles before racing. That's where the problems originated, imho.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:02 AM

The delay's, broken parts, anti freeze etc.....
(Although the t top was a new classic)
It's called racing nobody wants these things to happen
they just do.
Jason ran around like a father doing his best to keep 200 kids
happy and I applaud and thank him for his time and efforts
Any event has "glitches" you do your best and deal with it.
I think people who have issues with the way the track is run
should take it up with track personell not Jason.

Thanks again to the CZ crew for putting on this event for us.
Kevin
Old 09-27-2004, 08:02 AM
Administrator

I thought the track already broadcasted their PA through the radio - like 88.5 station I think.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:06 AM

Dan the one guy in the Camaro(Joe) blew an intake manifold gasket,thats just bad luck.

At least it happened at the starting line and the track workers caught it.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:12 AM

it was broadcast, but VERY weekly. I forget the station, 90.7 or something. But you could onlylisten to it in the pits and staging lanes. By the time you were at the 330 mark on the track it was gone.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:28 AM

Like Kevin said its racing with failures. I'd keep it a night event Jason just try and get a date at the beginning of September if they have one.
The pa system there is bad this year. At the NSCA event you could not hear the PA sytem either and at least half of the speakers you walk by do not work
Old 09-27-2004, 08:32 AM

I think the problem was that no-one had any idea of what was going on. You couldn't hear the loudspeaker at all in the pits. I was the 2nd or 3rd in line and that was because I just took a guess on when to go up there. I just waited for the one track official to come up and tell me were I was supposed to be. If it were not for me just going up there I would have probibly missed it.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:35 AM

Breakage is a part of any event. Do any of you seriously believe people thought " well its half assed, but f=ck it I'm gonna race and mess the track up" Be serious, accidents happen. It is life, I dumped all over the damn line when my rear end blew apart. Was I suspose to dip into my physic ablilities and know that before it happened? That is all a part of a normal race experiance. ANYTHING can happen, and normally does. You have to learn to deal with that stuff, or might I suggest a sport like putt putt golf where you have less things to bitch about.

Great event Jason, thanks for putting it on and putting up with all of us. I look forward to the next one, and yell if you need help with it.

Q
Old 09-27-2004, 08:57 AM

While in the staging lanes I asked one of the track personnel and he told me 90.7 if they were broadcasting. I tried it, but heard nothing but static. Maybe next year...
Old 09-27-2004, 09:48 AM

As always, I had a blast at the M event! I've missed coming out to these events over the last few years (I was at MM2, M3, 4 and 5, but missed M6, 7 and 8) and it was great to catch up on old times with everyone. I definitely plan on coming to as many of the future events as I can!

Thanks again for putting on a great event Jason!
Old 09-27-2004, 10:10 AM
Exposed Member

As always, the M event was a great experience.
Having it at night was cool, although it made for a very late night of partying.
Unfortunately, with this event, I now have the same # of M races without a car(3) as I do with one.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by 1BAD86Z
M9 will be my last of the M events, i will be regestering with the nsca extreme street class with matt ....ski with the 86 firebird. i had a good time last sautrday evening and even ran my best to date a 9.57 at 142mph but was dissapointed with the way the quick 16 class was treated, a class that within anyother sanctioning body is the main attraction of the event and we were treated like dog s..., when asking jason what was going on he said they call us up and gave us 5 minutes to stage but the of many ears attanding no one heard jeff over the loud speeker. i have raced at many tracks and have never been literaly left out in the cold. thanks again jason.
Its guys like you I wish would have made a pass at 10:30pm in the right lane and went up in a ball of flames after you crashed due to there being SAFETY HAZARDS. Yah buddy you sure did get slapped in the face, you were treated soooooo poorly.

You miss the point dick head, you were being watched over for safety reasons and you choose to slap the event coordinator in the face. The quick 16 is the main attraction of any event? I was just as interested in watching all 24 members from my group run, many of which were low 13 second cars, some were 15 second cars, some 11, some 12 etc.... You're not the main attraction at an M event dude, sorry.

To Mr. Debler, you did an awesome job this year despite the shortcomings of some other peoples egos. Don't listen to them. I'll be attending each and every M event from here on out and I applaud you and the crew for watching out for my safety. Thanks Jason
Old 09-27-2004, 10:43 AM

Thanks Jason and everyone that made this event possible. I was really looking forward to the quick 16 but with as many break downs what are you going to do, we simply ran out of time. No one is to blame for that.

I had more fun talking to people and watching others run, was an off day for me and I just didn't want to break anything.