Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

M9 Post-event THANK YOU

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 07:48 AM

M9 Post-event THANK YOU

Jason,
I just wanted to say THANK YOU for the M9 event, as it was probably the most fun one yet. Wow, the weather was great, and only got better as the night went on. Thanks for all the raffle prizes, too! When I saw Taner buy that fist full of tickets I knew I'd have to pony up & buy more. The 50th anniversary Hot Rod Camaro twins will look great in the garage one I get myself a display built for 'em. I think I might try to draw up a diorama box or something like that.

Too bad about the various antifreeze spills that shortened up the racing though. However, it was GREAT to see all those cars in the left lane, track lights blazing, cameras flashing as they wheels-up launched with no pressure except to hit their E/T! That idea was a good way to salvage the racing, I'd say.

Kudos to Mr. Harlan for an awesome show of force: His driving and his car have improved immensely in the last 15 months.

I couldn't help but notice that 2nd place Al Fox, even though there was no reaction time involved in the last phase of the competition, still managed to cut a VERY tight light on his last run! I hope he reports his R/T as I didn't record it.

I made it home at 1 AM, and saw no less than six herds of deer milling about on the road side between the track and Ithica, MI. I only had to brake once for some does, but the fog kept speeds down enough that if I HAD hit them, they would have simply bounced off the bumper
Old 09-26-2004, 08:49 AM

Re: M9 Post-event THANK YOU

Man, I wish I could have made it. Sounds like you guys had a blast. Oh well, I guess theres always next year. Maybe then I'll have my blower motor in.
Old 09-26-2004, 09:29 AM

Track prep was Great!!! Three new personal bests.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:24 AM

The Event was an excellent time, and i cant wait for next years event.

To all who spent a larger amount of time planning and running this event Thank-You, everyone one of the m-events have been a great time, this one being the best.

And Now i actually saw Harlan run the magical 8 sec pass rather than sitting in front of the computer and watch media files

Thanks, and count me in for next year!!!

Greg
Old 09-26-2004, 11:18 AM

M-events!

As always, it was an awesome time! Much thanks to Jason and his crew that put the event on, and all the people that showed up to make the event as cool as it was. I'm already looking forward to next year.
Old 09-26-2004, 12:33 PM

yep, thanks jason and crew for the event, I had a blast. Weather was good and the track was hooking great until the dew hit and then it was so, so. I had an awesome time watch harlan run, and taner was moving in that 6 speed. It was nice meeting all you michiganspeed guys and maybe we can meet up again sometime and do something. looking forward to next year!
Old 09-26-2004, 01:24 PM

Thank you ! A first class place to race!
Old 09-26-2004, 03:59 PM

Great Job running the show Jason and everyone else who volunteered and helped out.

I had a lot of fun even though my car ran like crap,at least it made it home in one piece.

It was nice see a good turnout,Maybe next year we can bump SVT asnd take the day shift.
Congrats to all the class winners!!

Thanksto Dave for lending the front skinnies!

And a big Congrats to Dan,winner of a new Nitrous system!! It could not happen to a nicer guy!!

Thanks Dan for letting me stay at your place Friday night and finding me a tire shop for the DR's.
Old 09-26-2004, 05:07 PM

Thanks againg Jason and everyone that helps make the M events possible. Bigger and better every year and always worth the trip for the racing, good times and everything else that goes on.

So Butter up for one more year.

Rick
Old 09-26-2004, 06:25 PM

thanx to those who organize the event. it's nice to see that many gm's in one event. it was nice to test out the tahoe and get some numbers to go on. thanx guys.

btw, any video or pictures this year?
Old 09-26-2004, 06:34 PM

Heres some of Harlans Hawk
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220418
Old 09-26-2004, 09:41 PM

that was a great time. I had a new best of 10.64@126 in the 96' s-10. I hope someone got a video of it. Fun stuff some great cars out there.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:47 PM

M9 will be my last of the M events, i will be regestering with the nsca extreme street class with matt ....ski with the 86 firebird. i had a good time last sautrday evening and even ran my best to date a 9.57 at 142mph but was dissapointed with the way the quick 16 class was treated, a class that within anyother sanctioning body is the main attraction of the event and we were treated like dog s..., when asking jason what was going on he said they call us up and gave us 5 minutes to stage but the of many ears attanding no one heard jeff over the loud speeker. i have raced at many tracks and have never been literaly left out in the cold. thanks again jason.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:50 PM

Yah the whole quick 16 thing was sort of a mess. Oh well I will be there next year.
Old 09-26-2004, 11:50 PM
Admin Emeritus

Guys, I don't know what to tell you about the Quick 16.

I heard the track staff on the radios ask Jeff to call the final Quick 16 up, I sat right next to Jeff in the tower when he announced for them to come up, and I heard them report that no one was showing up.

I wasn't in the position to run down and find out where everyone was at, so I radioed down to someone who was helping me, asking what was going on. He came back up to the tower to tell me he had asked a couple of people about it and they didn't want to run due to the dew at the end of the track.

I am really sorry we had to cut it short, I thought mainly due to lack of interest and a bit of safety concerns. If I dropped the ball or there was a misunderstanding, I am very sorry and I certainly didn't mean to treat anyone like dog s... or leave anyone out in the cold. It is cases like this that I ask people at the end of every event to let me know their thoughts. If I screwed up, I want to know about it then so I can address it, and not feel bad about it all later.

The track said that it was going to take at least 30 minutes to clean up the spill in the right lane. We would have never been able to run everything out before 11, not even part of it after the time was taken to clean everything up properly. The initial idea was to just kill the awards entirely and save them for the next event, and quickly do the raffle and let everyone go home because of the time constraints and the track conditions. I had to make a quick decision to at least do the bracket classes the only way we could ("run for the money" style" in one lane) while we still had the time. Since I thought there was little interest in the Q16, that was the best choice I could make. I wish I had more options at that point.

This one was not easy for me due to the conditions and the breakdowns that the right lane seemed to be cursed with. This was the first time that we ran the event at night, we probably will not do it at night again.

Sorry guys, I did my best.