Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

LS7 C6 Z06 clutch for sale w/ pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 08:43 PM

LS7 C6 Z06 clutch for sale w/ pics

Bought this brand new and installed it last spring, worked great. Has about 6,000 miles on it, the only reason I pulled it is because I have my engine out for an engine swap, and I don't know if this will hold the power I hope my new engine will make, so I bought a textralia to replace it with. It was a great clutch and you can see in the pictures it is barely even worn. It comes with the LS2 flywheel, LS7 clutch disc, LS7 pressure plate, and a .080 shim for the slave (not pictured, still in the car)

I would like to get $250 for the setup, that is less than half what it cost brand new. It has ZERO passes on it, as I do not drag race my car. This will fit any LS1 or LS2 powered F-body, Corvette, or GTO. Thanks for looking!
Old 05-12-2007, 01:14 AM

Where'd you get the shim? I'm planning on having my LS7 clutch installed and didn't know you needed a shim.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:55 PM

jeff, def. get that shim. I forgot all about those shims. that will put the release point higher on the pedal travel. the spec's come with a shim. I didnt know the GM ones would need it or could use it. oh yeah, and a bump for mike.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:01 PM

Dammit Mike. I *JUST* had Chris put the LS2/LS7 setup in my car, and the combo cost was just over $500. You should have let me know, because I would have picked it up from you.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by IrocSS85
jeff, def. get that shim. I forgot all about those shims. that will put the release point higher on the pedal travel. the spec's come with a shim. I didnt know the GM ones would need it or could use it. oh yeah, and a bump for mike.
That's funny. I talked to Sean and he said I didn't need it because it adjusts automatically over the first 500~1000 miles. Since you're a little deeper into the mechanical knowledge of things than I am, would you mind talking to him about it to see if I really need it or not? I'd rather know than not...
Old 05-12-2007, 10:57 PM

well I do know that dads pedal only has to be hit about 1" and the clutch will release the disc. and when I did milo's, I noticed that diff. right away that you gotta push the pedal about half way down to get it to disegage. which is not what you want for smooth/clean/quick shifts. Im not sure about it "adjusting"? dont see how it could do that. how fast could you have the shim? Id try and get it and tell him hold off. nows your only chance to do that. I do know that one of our friends had that same clutch setup. I'll call him in the am and see how matt's clutch felt in that respect. I drove matt's car 1 time, and it felt great. but I didnt try to do any fast shifting if I recall.

but, one thing about sean is he knows what he knows. and aint noone gonna change his mind. but, I will ask him about the self adj. thingy he's talking about.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by IrocSS85
well I do know that dads pedal only has to be hit about 1" and the clutch will release the disc. and when I did milo's, I noticed that diff. right away that you gotta push the pedal about half way down to get it to disegage. which is not what you want for smooth/clean/quick shifts. Im not sure about it "adjusting"? dont see how it could do that. how fast could you have the shim? Id try and get it and tell him hold off. nows your only chance to do that. I do know that one of our friends had that same clutch setup. I'll call him in the am and see how matt's clutch felt in that respect. I drove matt's car 1 time, and it felt great. but I didnt try to do any fast shifting if I recall.

but, one thing about sean is he knows what he knows. and aint noone gonna change his mind. but, I will ask him about the self adj. thingy he's talking about.
If it's a halfway thing without the shim, I'd think that's where I'd want it to be anyway. I'm not out to break any 1/4 mile records. I'm more concerned about it holding strong and don't want it to burn up if the disengagement location is too close to the top of the pedal travel. I'm just going to trust Sean's advice for now.

Mike, sorry to hijack...
Old 05-14-2007, 12:24 PM

No problem, I made the shim myself out of a piece of .080 aluminum, I will try and find some pics, or I will take some more as I need to pull my slave off to wrap the lines in heat wrap.

I need to get rid of this thing guys, as you can see its in perfect shape. Make me an offer!
Old 05-16-2007, 08:50 AM

I had the OEM LS7 Clutch/ LS2 flywheel on my trans am and the pedal did raise after a few hundred miles but it was still very low! If I were to do it again I would probably want a shim.