Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

IrocSS85

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 12:44 PM

IrocSS85

So, how did it go last night? Sorry I missed out and couldn't make it. I didn't get out of work until late and forgot my phone. I got your message late last night. I didn't want to call becuse it was to late.

Dammmm, I hope things went well for you? Did you see the low 12's? At Milan low 12's are high 11's at a track like Stanton or Norwalk.

Let me know how you did. My car was picked up on Monday night. I don't know if he will make it tomorrow night. I know I need to work late so I can't.

By the way, did your dad go and how did he do?

Later,

Bill
Old 09-10-2003, 03:06 PM

Unhappy

He didn't do so well. HE saw 12.8's and poor traction off the line..... Then later all he saw was the back of my GF's Jimmy when i towed him home. Looks like his trans gave out. Lucky for him he has a spare. Steven
Old 09-10-2003, 04:07 PM

Sorry To Hear This

I wish it was better news. Sorry to hear that stuff. Why does the trans keep lettling loose? Anything new this time or is it the same thing?

Triumph - Did you run? How did you do?

I know Milan is hard as hell to get traction at. I always hated going there because you never could equate the track time to real times. If you run 12.5 at milan, you are probably 12.2 or better on the street.

Bill
Old 09-10-2003, 04:34 PM

Bill,
No i did not run my Z is in the body shop getting repaired
The trans problem is something new we think the input shaft broke. Thats the same trans that the case busted on and was welded. I think the input shaft was stressed from that and gave out. He has a spare he bought from Ws6transam but chris wanted to ride out the old one Steven
Old 09-10-2003, 06:37 PM

Actually he ran 12.75's with crappy 60' times, I bet his trans or torque converter was slipping because he broke his input shaft. O'well, one good thing about Chris, he never quits, that car will be on the road again soon and better than before. I thought I had problems with my trans always fixing something on the stupid 4+3 until I decided to get an automatic, but I think this is a new record of 4 times at the track and 4 broken trans's.

Hey Chris, if I ever get my car done I'll come over and help you out. That IROC better rain hell at M8!
Old 09-10-2003, 10:09 PM

Thumbs down

yeah, I think it was either the input shaft, or one of the shell cages at the front of the trans. no biggie. just another night trying to figure out how to get the car home again. but I did get it home thanks to my buddy Scott and my other buddy Triumph. they both pulled me home w/a tow strap. and for the record, 3 track trips, 3 trans breakages. oh yeah, make that 4 track trips, 3 trans breakages, and one alt. bracket breakage. Im pretty positive that I stressed the input shaft when I drove it home last time w/the tranny hangin on to the eng w/the torque conv. bolts only. that put a ton of weight and stress right on the input shaft. I got it runing sunday, and ever since then, when I hit higher rpms, it would rattle in the trans. then it finally snapped and it was like it was in neutral. so all I have to do is swap the valve body (or shift kit springs prolly) from the old trans into the new one, swap the guverner and speedo gears, reinstall the trans, and fin. the N20 install (finally, maybe). on top of all that, I think I found the limit to the factory TPI fuel pump. when on the freeway on the way there, I had my fuel press. gauge from work hooked up to the fuel line at the carb. at WOT it would go to ZERO. so maybe Im losing fuel at top end too. that would hold back the times after half track or so. cause till then it would be running off what was already in the bowls. time for my mallory 140 pump/filter and braided -8 lines to go on I guess. I know I was goin to have to do it soon.

and, it WILL be back on the road and ready for the track by M8 dangit! M8 OR BREAK!!! (hopefully not though)
chris