Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

Doc212121...camaro was approved

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2002, 11:09 AM

Post Doc212121...camaro was approved

we received approval to purchase a camaro. i have explained to the council and my chief that we will have to get a Z28 and have it equipped to B4C specs.

what we are needing is a 2002 Z28 with cloth interior (only the driver seat will actually be left in the car) with a hardtop and automatic. color doesn't matter (preferably blue, but we can have it painted).

this is being publicly announced (by law) and the city will have to take the lowest bidder.

the city has also approved purchase of a used Z28/B4C if a new one cannot be obtained.

if you have any questions you can email me and i'll get back to you ASAP. i'll also email you the fax # as soon as you reply to this. the council is wanting this going by october, but i think it's going to be delayed a little until we find a car.

we are getting this radar...
http://kustomsignals.com/product_body2.asp?product_id=28&cat_id=8&strpagena me=fixedmou nt

an in-car camera from the same company...
http://kustomsignals.com/product_bod...pagename=video

a very low-profile lightbar...
http://www.whelen.com/nondynmc/automotive.html

it will have a 4 point rollbar with 2 cross braces.

this roughly what it will look like...
http://www.geocities.com/ofcbruton/RHPDCamaro.jpg

with all this, it should take a little less effort to force myself to go to work.

thanks for your help

chris

[This message has been edited by DomesticViolence (edited August 08, 2002).]
Old 08-08-2002, 04:00 PM

Thumbs up

SWEET!! Email me at doc212121@aol.com with your specs on what your options are(ex.Z28,B4C only, etc) I will do my best to try to get one in asap, also include your fax, I will be back to work Monday and will have all the info then.
Thanks
Andy
Old 08-08-2002, 07:52 PM

Who picked out the equipment?
My choices: MPH Bee 3 Radar. This unit is AWESOME to say the least, check out the POP feature....MUCH more effective than the "Hold" mode. You'll want one.

Have you ever seen the Millennium in person before? If you think the Whelen LFL is low profile then check out the Millennium, it is almost twice as thin as the LFL and when it is off it is clear in color. The Millennium also has more flash patterns. The only downside.....more expensive.

[This message has been edited by DETROIT_AREA_00_SS (edited August 09, 2002).]
Old 08-08-2002, 11:14 PM

Exclamation

There are quite a few B4C left. A bunch of posts were recently made on LS1.com about what dealers had what B4C's left.
Old 08-08-2002, 11:17 PM

just wanted to say thanks. my chief went through the friend of a friend thing today and found a blue B4C in illinois. she put a hold on it and is having it shipped here to texas.

appreciate the help though. your initial quote helped a great deal in the approval of the car for traffic use.

the millenium is more expensive than what we want to spend. the kustom signals radar is $2200. it's the cadillac of the bunch. kustom is easier for us to have serviced and the camera is from kustom also so the car will be easier to maintain using one company. the POP feature is the same as 'hold' mode. i've actually tested this using a kustom signals radar and a decatur genesis. if you use the hold mode very briefly, it will have the same effect as this POP feature.

you have to think like an administrator when it comes to equipment, pricing, etc...

i do like the LED millenium, but whelen has a shop very close to us and it's a lot cheaper to maintain and purchase. LEDs are freakin awesome.
Old 08-08-2002, 11:32 PM

About how much will the department pay for the Whelen? Just wondering?

The POP feature is just that, instant on but a VERY VERY fast one. Much faster than a person can do.

Good luck getting it all togather and most of all....have some fun with it, that is between writing of course.