Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

Cross drilled roters?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 01:42 AM

did i ever tell you guys how much i love my rotors..................man i know it's late but i'm going out to the garage just to see them again!

o'yeah, they look nice!

Old 09-11-2003, 02:27 AM
On permanent vacation

Originally posted by ROADRAGE
Trey, you are insistant on making it seem like crossdrilled rotors are the worst thing to ever hit the earth. On 99.9 % of the cars with crossdrilled rotors in the world, there is going to never be a time when the owner says "damn these crossdrilled rotors, I woulda been much better off with the increased performance of a solid rotor"

Have you ever looked into something a little more important to rant about?
Id feel pretty damn stupid paying to decrease peformance and longevity.

Looks like eric has his mad face on..
just out of pure curriousity did you ever conduct a test using cross drilled vs slotted rotors? (rotor slots vs blank being the only variable, same calipers, same size, same wheels, same day, same weather)

If so, what were the measured results (measure of standard use. Metric or standard will be both be acceptable. I can throw my passanger out the window is not)

If not, then how can you state that the differance is negligable.

I have seen first hand data of rotor thickness/mass vs coning effects/cracking and other less desirable effects.

I have seen performance data of increased rotor mass.

I have spoken to many who are FAR more qualified than yourself about the issue. All but one agreed, and that one said he was undecided.

Baer and Willwood also agree with me.

quoted directly from wilwood's website

Drilling diminishes a rotor's durability and cooling capacity.
[boondock saints] I'll take an Egg Bagel with creamcheese. Coffee, light sugar no cream [/boondock saints]
Old 09-11-2003, 10:20 AM

If people felt stupid for buying something that decreased performance, I am betting 1/2 the people on the board would feel stupid. Bigger heavier wheels for example.

Anyway, once again, you seem to be missing the point. I don't need to do extensive research to know that my brakes work, and have worked fine for over 2 years with the original rotors. Jeff has no complaints about his(although I am pretty sure I abuse mine much more frequently). I haven't heard many(actually any, but I am sure there are a few out there) complaints about stock size crossdrilled/slotted rotors. You can talk about how bad they decrease performance all you want, but until you have done extended research, you are no more qualified to preach than anyone.

Not one person here has argued that crossdrillled rotors work as well as solid, including myself. I will however continue to say that 99% of the drivers that switch from solid to drilled will never feel a difference. And just so you know, I did own a GTA that I went from solid to drilled. and once again, there was no noticable difference.

I know i know, research that someone a work told me about say that.......
Old 09-11-2003, 10:28 AM
On permanent vacation

Originally posted by ROADRAGE

I did own a GTA that I went from solid to drilled. and once again, there was no noticable difference.
Your *** is not a dyno nor a tape measure.

I've seen the results first hand in a more accepted unit of measure (meters).
Old 09-11-2003, 12:22 PM

Originally posted by TreySpeed
Your *** is not a dyno nor a tape measure.

I've seen the results first hand in a more accepted unit of measure (meters).
Although my *** can tell if there is a large difference, much like acceleration. You can feel + and - g forces. I can damn sure feel a few .10ths on acceleration, do you not think you are capable of feeling the same deceleration?

Once again, negligible difference, nothing noticable.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:18 PM

Hey Trey we get packages of stuff from you all the time. I work at Nisshinbo Automotive in the testing department. At least I think most of our rotors come in TRW boxes. I know I've seen it somewhere at work.
Good stuff...
Old 09-11-2003, 09:26 PM

Originally posted by ltlhomer
Hey Trey we get packages of stuff from you all the time. I work at Nisshinbo Automotive in the testing department. At least I think most of our rotors come in TRW boxes. I know I've seen it somewhere at work.
Good stuff...
Get your a$$ outta our arguement you punk

BTW Trey, who in the hell did the welding on the headers and y pipe? If it was you, please refrain from ever welding again