Middle Atlantic New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania

rochester area - anyone help with cam swap?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 10:18 AM

rochester area - anyone help with cam swap?

okay, wondering if anyone in rochester area wants to help with my cam and rocker install next weekend (most likely if parts all come in)

i have never done a cam install or rockers , especially in a the nice spacious LTI engine bay - anyone have experience and want to give a hand? ill buy beer and pizza-

its a 97 z28 - fenders and front bumper will be off (replacing from accident) will be installing :

------------------------------------------------

Comp Cams 26918-16 springs
Comp Cams 787-16 retainers
Comp Cams 601-16 valve locks
Comp Cams 1305-16 rocker arms
ARP 7/16" studs
Valve Seats
AFR guide plates
Comp Cam Pushrods
Comp Cam XE 230/236 112 lsa cam
timing chain

Airfoil
Taylor OVC 8mm wires
4 sets of rotors and pads
alignment
Powdercoating timing cover- intake manifold - waterpump - and alternator bracket while they are off (buddy has oven to powdercoat)
new horns
new front bumper cover
new right fender
new headlight bar
clear corners

-----------------------------------

ha i think thats everything.... lot of stuff piling up in my apartment - should have all the gaskets and fluid too.

My friend jeff will be helping - ideally we might be able to use his shop - which means will have car on lift and all the mechanic tools we would need. Once we pull covers and manifold off he will run home (15 min away) and powdercoat everything while we are finishing up the swap.

If that doesnt work out- my friend has offered his garage which is 5 min from the shop - so we can just run back and forth if somehting is needed-

so who's interested in a record setting rebuild - im hoping to get it torn down and running by end of night- so i can sneak it to my friends garage to finish the bodywork the next day-

It would help out immensely if someone knew exactly what they were doing with us- nothing like someone with experience