Middle Atlantic New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania

New NY State emissions! what are we gonna be able to get away with performance wise?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 02:07 PM

New NY State emissions! what are we gonna be able to get away with performance wise?

Ive heard that the new inspections are going to only be enforced on obdII cars, and not OBD 1's thats all fine and dandy but whats going to be the extent of the inspections. Im just wondering If ill still be able to get away with my inspection this summer after my motor build which i know isnt going to pass emissions but i figured i would just get a sticker and do it that way. But from what ive been hearing im not going to be able to do this.
can someone shed some light on this for me,

thanks,
-john
Old 11-26-2004, 11:19 AM

Re: New NY State emissions! what are we gonna be able to get away with performance wise?

96 and newer vehicles. i've heard alot of differant things. i'm also freaking out because i want to do my heads and cam this winter. i heard i could still do the heads and a 305 cam and get away with it, but i would like to know for certain. i think in the next few months as the new procedure gets rolling the specifics will surface and we'll be able to judge according to other peoples failures and passed inspections
Old 11-26-2004, 09:00 PM

Re: New NY State emissions! what are we gonna be able to get away with performance wise?

No change for OBDI cars ('95 and older).

Rich
Old 11-27-2004, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by rskrause
No change for OBDI cars ('95 and older).

Rich

Thanks Rich, thats a good thing lol. but its my understanding that inspecting a OBD II requires the reseults being sent to albany NY and them sending back the inspection sticker via computer provideing the car passes. if this is the case will inspection stations still have inspection stickers on hand for 95 and older vehicles?

-john
Old 11-30-2004, 08:05 PM

no way my 98 is gona pass.... looks like i wont have a inspection sticker...