Middle Atlantic New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania

Looking for car shipper recommendation...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 11:31 AM

Looking for car shipper recommendation...

Daughter just graduated PSU as a Chemical Engineer and landed a sweet job in CA. She is starting her new job in June. Wondering if anybody here could recommend a carrier for shipping a car from the likes of Doylestown, PA area out to Napa Valley, California area.

Dad isn't into driving a Mazda 3 for some three or four days across the country. The Trans, maybe, but not the mazda.

Thanks, ron
Old 06-25-2012, 06:15 PM

Re: Looking for car shipper recommendation...

I get moved around a lot and have always used reindeer // real.personal.service. with no problems. They are brokers (99% of them are) which means they don't actually own any trucks. Whoever you choose do you're research, pay attention to their insurance. DOT "fully insured" is something ridiculous like $150.

A car going across country is hitching a ride on trucks that happen to be heading the right way. I could easily be dropped/picked up at 5+ depots. When your car changes hands that many times it's impossible to assign blame for damage. That makes it easy for the sketchy companies get out of paying even if they have tons of insurance. Good companies that stand by their claims only sub out to reputable drivers - which is why they cost more.

Not trying to scare you but I paid for my TA to go direct from DC to OR in an enclosed truck. It cost more than my 2 other cars combined which went the standard way. All 3 arrived just fine.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:48 AM

Follow-up;
Went with "mytransportconnection.com" and talked to a guy name Bill. He brokered the arrangement with a carrier K J Falcon out of Southampton, PA.
The shipped Mazda arrived in California in decent time, albeit dirty. But I don't know what people expect when it just got done traveling across the whole US in an open car trailer. Simple washing and everyone was happy...mainly Dad for not having to drive it out there.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Administrator

I used TNT (Truck 'n Train) Auto Transport to move my Formula from CA to NJ. Arrived clean, because TNT ships in a sealed rail car. You have to drop it off at a freight yard, where they loaded it into the freight car while I watched. Have to pick it up at a freight yard. I think it was about $1,000 17 years ago, but my employer paid for it. I had also shipped my wife's SUV from CA to NJ using the same service.