Middle Atlantic New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania

Anyone plan to run points at Atco this year?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 03:31 PM

Anyone plan to run points at Atco this year?

Just wondering if anyone plans to run at Atco this season. I see that they will only have 13 points races this season. First half is done in the end of May. Interesting.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:00 PM

not I said the fly...

I think my days for running points will have to wait till about year 2020!

13 people totlat!! thats insane, that could be a real sign of trouble.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Projectz28
not I said the fly...

I think my days for running points will have to wait till about year 2020!

13 people totlat!! thats insane, that could be a real sign of trouble.
My grandkid will be running points before you. I think ATCO is scheduling more profitable races than the Summit Points Series. Imports, Index, Outlaw 10.5 tire, 275 tire, and big money races. Maple is redoing the track and not getting started until May 8. I think a more than a few MG regulars will be heading to NJ early in the season. I was going to run at Cecil but may reconsider the Atco option. Becides we all know how easy the Pro field is at Atco. I may sigh up for street so I can run both classes.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:22 AM

No, not running points. I will be running in Street and Pro on occasion though. My car is progressing slower than anticipated (storms don't help since Rick is constantly being called into work on nights and weekends) and I'm thinking I'll be lucky to get a few passes in it before Pinks at MG in May.

I agree with Jim - they're running more profitable races. I also think lowering the number of points races will prompt more people to commit to running all 13. It's hard to commit to 19+ Saturdays from March through August!

Old 03-15-2010, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by 5SPDCHK

I agree with Jim - they're running more profitable races. I also think lowering the number of points races will prompt more people to commit to running all 13. It's hard to commit to 19+ Saturdays from March through August!

I think thats a big thing too...

I know for me it would be hard to make the 13 let alone 19. In this day and age most people are working more and making less with much less "free time" on their hands. I'm sure that a factor.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Projectz28
I think thats a big thing too...

I know for me it would be hard to make the 13 let alone 19. In this day and age most people are working more and making less with much less "free time" on their hands. I'm sure that a factor.

My planned "free time" that was expected to start on April 9th has been extended to the July-August time frame. I'm not focusing on the points races this season. I do plan to get out every weekend to get as much seat time as possible. I do like Atco but think I'm going to stick to my original plan and run at Cecil. Cecil is a bit cheaper per race and 1/2 hour closer. Atco is still my favorite place to race.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:20 PM

Did you run Saturday?

I heard Rich Panicaro took the win over Bob Mullaney. Joe shortened the racing to 1/8th mile.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by 5SPDCHK
Did you run Saturday?

I heard Rich Panicaro took the win over Bob Mullaney. Joe shortened the racing to 1/8th mile.

I took Saturday off. Went to Cecil on Sunday and should of just sent in the money. I can't get Cecils roll out figured out. I'm going to a track rental there on April 17th and put the stupid car on a pro .500. Super Stallions of the Net is sponsering the rental day. Limit of 200 cars. Most of them are looking for PB and don't continue to run as soon as the DA goes up. Last time I got 20+ runs. Till I get the rollout under control I'm not going to waste money at Cecil. Not racing Easter weekend but will hit the practice tree pretty hard. Will go to RP or ID Saturday or ND on Sunday.

I was actually thinking of going to Atco Saturday. Seem like racing 1/8 there would of been a better idea that donating $$$ down south.