Middle Atlantic New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania

4 days till we "tie the knot"

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 05:13 PM

4 days till we "tie the knot"

Well as many of you know Liz and I have been very busy for the past year planning this wedding. Its almost here, after this Sat I will officially be married to my perfect match. I wont be around here for a few days, I'll be catching some rays in St. Lucia...

I cant wait till this wedding is over to be honest with you. If I had to do it again I would have hired a wedding planner... we think the worst is over now. The past month has been rough. It started when Liz found out that the brides maid dresses were late and the expected delivery date was this week. Liz actually had to run out and buy 4 more dresses from macy's just incase they didnt show up. Fortunately they showed up the first week of December and all the girls had time to get them altered and fitted.

We have a friend of the family who is a Deacon and he was going to marry us, well we got a call last week and he was unable to walk due to a bad back. Brother Allen was in a car accident about 25 years ago and was hurt pretty bad, they had to fuse some disc's together in his back and last week 2 of them broke apart... needless to say we were no too happy. Fortunately he is going to be ok and our back up Priest is comming to the rescue!

On Saturday we got a call from the Holiday-inn on 4th and arch in Philly. That is where all of our guests are staying after the reception.... all 63 room reservations were canceled due to a goof up on their part. The hotel has been giving out their rooms to FEMA and the EPS for clean up of the oil spill on the deleware last month. Well they are not done and the hotell decided to kick us out! So far everything is ok and all of our guests have been transfered to the Sheraton society hill. The only big problem is that all of our guests have directions to the holiday inn and the majority of them are from out of town.

So other than that all is going good. I'll be away from the 8th to the 18th.... see you all when I get back!
Old 01-04-2005, 07:33 PM

Re: 4 days till we "tie the knot"

Brian, may you and Liz have many many happy years together.

-Jim
Old 01-05-2005, 06:51 AM

Congratulations Brian! I wish you and Liz a very happy and prosperous life together!

Old 01-06-2005, 12:29 PM

congrats, hope your one of the 40% that the marriage actually lasts...20 days till my divorce is complete here, My next woman will have 4 wheels and a big engine.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:26 PM

Io add my congrats to the both of you.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:12 PM

Agreed.. congrats Brian... I wish you and Liz the very best....
Old 01-10-2005, 03:56 PM

Hey, just wanted to give my congrats to the two of you. My older sister just got married over the summer so I know how insanely hecting everything can be. Their wedding had similar disasters, including her having to get her appendix removed two weeks before the wedding! She loved loosing 10 lbs before the wedding though...

Off topic: I didn't know there were so many f-bodies so close to my house (Cherry Hill) I hope to be getting involed sometime soon hopefully.