LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

You think my 22 lbs. Injectors are MAXED out @ 400 HP?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 06:20 PM

Originally posted by got_hp?
well injuneer explained why you are able to make more power on the 22lbers, so i will leave that issue alone.

however, saying that a car wont be able to run because of oversized fuel injectors is just retarded.

as long as the injectors are the correct impedance, and they are properly calibrated in the computer, the car will run fine.

its better to have headroom, than be operating close to the danger point of injector lockup.
Yet another member I've offended by saying you don't need 36# injectors for a bolt-on LT1 . Allow me to say again:
I did not mean to offend anyone. Calm down.

As for the part about me saying the car wouldn't even run, I was being sarcastic. I thought that would have been obvious to everyone. Apparently not.

Ps. No, I'm not an "ENGINEER" or as you would say it "injuneer" Just a guy who's trying to save another member a few buck’s on something he DOES NOT NEED !!! (36# injectors on a bolt on LT1... Good Grief...)

Ps. I was only kidding around with that whole engineer thing, don't get offended and start sending me hate mail I’m just messin’ with ya. Peace.
Old 01-23-2004, 06:28 PM

Originally posted by ZPaul2Fresh8
Question, which I probly already know the answer to, But just curious...

LS1 injectors @ 28#, but they won't be 28# in my LT1 since LS1's have higher fuel PSI, right? Or are LS1 injectors rated the same @ 43.5#?
I believe LS1's are rated at 58 lbs.
Old 01-23-2004, 06:31 PM

IT's alright, I just wanted opinions, thanks everyone for taking your time to help me out.

'93 formy, your information was very misleading, I'm NOT trying to dis you, but man I started to believe you. But the calculations make more sense than you do. I think it's important to get as many opinions on things like this, just to make sure I'm getting truthful info.

Thank You. Anyone who is looking for fuel injector sizing, please visit www.grapeaperacing.com This guy has calculations for everything! From Turbos, Blocks, Fuel, EVERYTHING. Garauntee you'll BOOKMARK that site!
Old 01-23-2004, 06:33 PM

Originally posted by '93 formy ...
Yet another member I've offended by saying you don't need 36# injectors for a bolt-on LT1 . Allow me to say again:

As for the part about me saying the car wouldn't even run, I was being sarcastic. I thought that would have been obvious to everyone. Apparently not.

Ps. No, I'm not an "ENGINEER" or as you would say it "injuneer" Just a guy who's trying to save another member a few buck’s on something he DOES NOT NEED !!! (36# injectors on a bolt on LT1... Good Grief...)

Ps. I was only kidding around with that whole engineer thing, don't get offended and start sending me hate mail I’m just messin’ with ya. Peace.
Calm down, lurk a while on this board, you'll gain a lot of knowledge and find out who knows what they're talking about and who doesn't.
Old 01-23-2004, 06:41 PM

Well, best of luck to you with whatever injectors you decide to buy. I really hope you get everything worked out, and be satisfied with your decision/purchase.

As for me, well I'm just some idiot who knows nothing about cars. I'll try to keep my "misleading information" to myself from now on.

I guess I'll just go out and drive my 11Second 450RWHP car now, with it's inefficient little 22# injectors.

J/K

Last edited by '93 formy ...; 01-23-2004 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-23-2004, 06:53 PM

Originally posted by anaik
I believe LS1's are rated at 58 lbs.
Fuel pressure is 58 psi. I was speaking of the injector's flow rate. It's 28 lbs. per hour.

My question is: When LS1 injectors were rated, were they rated with 58 psi, or at "the standard" 43.5 psi.???

Bascially a guy has a set of 28# LS1 injectors for sale, but since the LT1 has a lower fuel pressure it will not flow 28# unless the fuel pressure is turned up to 58psi....

Sound right?
Old 01-23-2004, 07:09 PM

Fuel pressure is 58 psi. I was speaking of the injector's flow rate. It's 28 lbs. per hour.

My question is: When LS1 injectors were rated, were they rated with 58 psi, or at "the standard" 43.5 psi.???

Bascially a guy has a set of 28# LS1 injectors for sale, but since the LT1 has a lower fuel pressure it will not flow 28# unless the fuel pressure is turned up to 58psi....

Sound right?
I meant to say psi. "the standard" you speak of is for LT1's. For instance 30# SVO's are rated at 39.5 psi, so a different standard, as also with LS1's.
Old 01-23-2004, 07:16 PM

Here's a site that makes it simple.

http://www.smokemup.com/auto_math/fu...ure_change.php
Old 01-23-2004, 08:46 PM

Smokemup.com says you should be needing 28.0 pound injectors.
Just my .02 cents
Old 01-23-2004, 09:08 PM

im not offended man, i could care less..........just trying to help people out so they dont get misleading info stuck in their head.

i never said a bolton car (which 400fwhp is NOT just boltons, thats a cam too) NEEDED 36lbs...............i was just pointing out that oversized injectors WILL NOT hurt anything, and as long as you program for them, they will run perfectly with no issues, and provide plenty of headroom for future upgrades.

however, running the bare minimum injector size (22lbers are running way over the safe limit to reach 400fwhp) is just asking for trouble........sure it may run fine for some people.........but why risk injector lockup and blowing your motor because you didnt wanna buy some $200 worth of injectors?
Old 01-23-2004, 09:17 PM

YOU GUYS ARE GREAT
Thanks for the VERY helpful advice.

36#ers here I come!
Old 01-23-2004, 10:14 PM

YOU GUYS ARE GREAT
Thanks for the VERY helpful advice.

36#ers here I come!
this place has a pretty good deal on 30lbers........thats big enough for mods in the future too
Old 01-24-2004, 01:37 AM

ls1 standard is 58psi
lt1 standard is 43.5psi

QUESTION did you ever check you fuel pressure under WOT?

jesse
Old 01-24-2004, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Dude.... get the damn chip off your shoulder, or you won't be around here very long.

You seem to thrive on making fun of people, ridiculing them, throwing **** in their faces.... now your not happy with my screen name. Been using it for 5 years, and your the first person to make an issue of it.

Fred
Old 01-24-2004, 06:57 PM

Originally posted by Injuneer
Dude.... get the damn chip off your shoulder, or you won't be around here very long.

You seem to thrive on making fun of people, ridiculing them, throwing **** in their faces.... now your not happy with my screen name. Been using it for 5 years, and your the first person to make an issue of it.

Fred
And yet, another one surfaces. Before you vacate, think of the good ones. From here on in, I am going to be your conscience.