LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Where's the place to get LT1 engine parts now?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 11:26 PM

Where's the place to get LT1 engine parts now?

I must have been out of loop for a LOOOONG time. I used to shop from Thunder racing all the time that used to be the go to place for everyone. Now it looks like they're no longer.

I asked because I'm at a loss. All my old shopping grounds seem to be out of business now?

IS there a new go to place now? aside from Summit or Jegs?
Old 05-22-2013, 11:41 PM

Re: Where's the place to get LT1 engine parts now?

Whay are u looking for specifically. I DONT want to overstep bounds o this site...but on our forum...we have sponsors who we go to for 90% of our needs.

Larry (Popo8) Co-owner
LTXtech.com
Old 05-23-2013, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by popo8
Whay are u looking for specifically. I DONT want to overstep bounds o this site...but on our forum...we have sponsors who we go to for 90% of our needs.

Larry (Popo8) Co-owner
LTXtech.com
Sorry man, you kind of have to forgive me. I haven't been on this website in about 10 years. The guys I used to buy my parts from were sponsors I guess not any more.

I'm currently in the middle of getting ideas about finishing my LT4 but finding a place that carries LTX stuff seems like a needle in a hay stack now. I was pricing out cranks,rods,and pistons but wanted to see what was out there. I guess I stayed a sleep for too long because all I find are LSX related things. I'm starting to pull my hair out. On one hand I have a half finished motor with a great top end, but the money I wanted to drop into the bottom end will be so costly now I'm starting to wonder if it is worth all the trouble.

Now I know how all the TPI guys felt years a go when I used to laugh at them.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:42 PM

For bottom end stuff it is usually worth discussing with whoever will be doing machine work before ordering parts
Old 05-25-2013, 02:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LT4Monsta
Sorry man, you kind of have to forgive me. I haven't been on this website in about 10 years. The guys I used to buy my parts from were sponsors I guess not any more.

I'm currently in the middle of getting ideas about finishing my LT4 but finding a place that carries LTX stuff seems like a needle in a hay stack now. I was pricing out cranks,rods,and pistons but wanted to see what was out there. I guess I stayed a sleep for too long because all I find are LSX related things. I'm starting to pull my hair out. On one hand I have a half finished motor with a great top end, but the money I wanted to drop into the bottom end will be so costly now I'm starting to wonder if it is worth all the trouble.

Now I know how all the TPI guys felt years a go when I used to laugh at them.
Summit has a forged bottom end kit with a machined block for dirt cheap.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:04 PM

Check out the ws6store.com. They have quite a bit of stuff available. Purchased a new driver side magnaflow cat, corbeau seat mounts and some other odds and ends, they shipped relatively quick. Im curious to see what happened to Thunderraccing, nothing posted up on their FB page except that power went out back in 2012.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:34 PM

I go with whoever has the best price shipped to my door usually. Or local if they're close enough on the price (I prefer local). Just use Google to compare prices on whatever you're looking for and don't be afraid to see if a sponsor will price match. Worst they can say is no.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by ZX636RIDER03
Check out the ws6store.com. They have quite a bit of stuff available. Purchased a new driver side magnaflow cat, corbeau seat mounts and some other odds and ends, they shipped relatively quick. Im curious to see what happened to Thunderraccing, nothing posted up on their FB page except that power went out back in 2012.
Posted a while back, Thunder is gone.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:20 AM

Welp, that explains that... I was just on there website last month or so contemplating buying some parts. Must have been pretty recent then.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:23 AM

Welp, that explains that... I was just on there website last month or so contemplating buying some parts. Must have been pretty recent then.
They had ceased filling orders about a month ago, but left their website up. Numerous folks were complaining about not getting parts they paid for. Website appears down, now.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:44 AM

Looks like there banner ads on this forum have not been taken down yet.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:03 AM

Looks like there banner ads on this forum have not been taken down yet.
That's unfortunate. Internet Brands should be more vigilant. I know Jason Debler was going to notify them for investigation.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Shangrila
Summit has a forged bottom end kit with a machined block for dirt cheap.
Link?
Old 05-27-2013, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by shoebox
That's unfortunate. Internet Brands should be more vigilant. I know Jason Debler was going to notify them for investigation.
I don't know how many times I've tried to get them to straighten this out. I post this problem weekly in the Admin/Moderator forum, and nothing happens. From my point of view, mentioning a site for sourcing LT1 parts at this point is not a problem. Obviously, we don't want people fronting for commercial sources, but a "I've used xxxxx for parts and they have good prices and service" is OK. I'll probably get in trouble for this, but I've tried my best to get some action.

Sad.

Last edited by Injuneer; 05-27-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:40 PM

Thanks for the replies.

Sorry if I kicked up some rocks mentioning Thunder, I just used to buy A LOT of stuff from them,hell Tbyrne too. I used to talk to the guys there all the time, they even did my custom cam. Sad to see how things ended up for them. I remember getting burnt by a couple of new vendors on here years ago but that was for a couple bucks can't imagine the guys that spent thousands. I'm glad I tried to contact them before dropping my bottom end order last month. It was weird no seeing any sales from them or getting a response back.

I was trying to find some rods good for 800+hp btw.