LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

What to do next?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 07:31 PM

Re: What to do next?

W/ the stall/boltons and a good 60 12's no problem
Old 11-25-2004, 11:37 AM

OK cool. I am at this point lookin for someone in the area who knows LT1's and could take a look at mine cause its still not running up to par i dont think. It feels like it still doesnt have the power it sould, but maybe its just me. You know of anyone around here who knows these vehicles and could lead me in the right direction of what may be wrong with the car...no codes or symptoms just doesnt feel like the power is there and the trans is driving me crazy (ie. it upshifts WAYYY to fast and wont downshift when i punch it sometimes) thanks!
Old 11-25-2004, 03:21 PM

got some slp headers off my 96 Trans Am, Interested?????? also got the Y pipe. . . . .let me know whats up!!!
Old 11-25-2004, 08:12 PM

Umm...will they work on my 94 Z? single cat vehicle. Also are they street legal, and is there anything wrong with them? have any pics? How is the plug clearance, and how much do you want? Sorry for all the questions, thanks!
Old 11-25-2004, 11:56 PM

I hope you plan on getting those macs used, if not you need to set your goals a little lower on all the things your going to buy. It was 600+ for my headers and y-pipe install after getting everything needed to do them. Also you keep saying 400+ bucks for a new cat back I dont know where your seeing those prices either? You can get the hooker for alot less than that, and if im not mistaking, the loudmouth and magnaflow is under that too. Thats the first thing i would do is ditch the flowmaster, but my opinion isnt everyones.
Old 11-26-2004, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by 1995greenTA
I hope you plan on getting those macs used, if not you need to set your goals a little lower on all the things your going to buy. It was 600+ for my headers and y-pipe install after getting everything needed to do them. Also you keep saying 400+ bucks for a new cat back I dont know where your seeing those prices either? You can get the hooker for alot less than that, and if im not mistaking, the loudmouth and magnaflow is under that too. Thats the first thing i would do is ditch the flowmaster, but my opinion isnt everyones.
Yea ..you can get a hooker system for 28x.00...I can see by sotp if your cars running up to par but im no mechanic...have owned/modded (96z w/ 323's,97 w/ 373's) 2 and drove many other friends LT1's...Im in your area almost everyday...
Old 11-27-2004, 10:05 AM

I wont be ditching my flowmaster! I wont own this car much longer before i ditch it for a real vehicle with a carb! Anyways Antz when are you in my area? on the weekends too? Its saturday morning 11:00 i will be going out and taking the Chevelle for a ride...gonna be cold with no top on it! Anyways ill check this post out around one to see if you may be around here today or tomorrow if u wanna go for a ride in it and see if shes ok, but i may be takin it out to my buddies his dad worked at GM for a long time and supposedly knows the LT1's pretty well..so we will see what happend. Let me know!
$600 for MAC's? wow i see them ALOT cheaper all the time and they are brand new! You had them installed? cause i do my work on my own (with exception to the computer) on my Z i almost bought a set for $400 with y pipe and install kit brand new online a little while back...Ill take your word for it but i would think that your 600 may have been fully installed on your vehicle. dunno

thanks alot guys!

Jon
Old 11-27-2004, 02:04 PM

No, i did not have my macs installed, if i did, im sure the price would have been WAY more than 600 bucks. I got my NEW Mac headers and y pipe for 449.99 shipped. Plus the *extra* price of needed things to install them: $110 otvc custom fit plug wires + shipping, $10 spark plugs + shipping, $20 to have my cat cut and welded so it would fit, 4 packs of dielectric grease, and now im going to have to get new gaskets and locking header bolts. It adds up quickly...

So if your ditching the car soon..then why are you throwing all that money away? Throw it at me and ill put it to good use! Also, i guess you converted your Chevelle to fuel injection? because if not dont you already have a "real vehicle with a carb"
Old 11-27-2004, 02:13 PM

headers and cai, as mentioned earlier. youll get more SOTP gains with this combo than you will with the gears; of course if thats what you're looking for.

a cutout wouldn't be a bad idea either. I have a flowmaster muffler too and I have a cutout before it to compensate for the small loss going through the muffler.
Old 11-27-2004, 04:43 PM

LOL no i meant a daily driver that has a carb...the chevelle is not Fuel Injected! I dont like not being able to mess with the car because i am not too inclined with the computer skills that i need to work on the car (and ill be the first to admit i should learn, but I enjoy the older cars more). I bought the car and i love it, but i truthfully need something that i know if something goes wrong i know i can fix it. I know there are programs that i can hook a laptop up to and read whats going on under the hood and all, but id rather just get another older vehicle that i can mess with. Also i am not planning on selling the car tomorrow, it will be a few years pending nothing else goes wrong with it and the car mysteriously blows up so throwing the money at the car is just for fun for the next few years till i get out of school. After all, i wont be able to tow the Nova to and from the track with the Camaro, so a truck will be needed!

Anyways...back to the camaro, CAI will be most likely happening soon, and then Headers following. Once i start working over my Christmas break and some extra money comes in 3:73's and a tune for the computer. I will hold off on the converter until the summer or over spring break if i can get enough hours to work and then It will be enough. I sort of planned this out today looking at the hours i may be able to work and what not for the next months, so that made it easier. Thanks!