LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

what is this??

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 08:51 PM

what is this??

Does anyone know what that weird part is that is in the front driver side of the car? it has the words "Guide" written on it and has a bunch of wires comming out from it. it is by the headlight and seems to be part of the stock intake system. im just wondering if i could remove it if i got a aftermarket intake . thanks
Old 11-17-2003, 11:01 PM
Administrator

You might want to include some basic info about your car... like year and model. If you are driving a Formula/TA, that sounds like the flip-up headlight control module. It is fastened to the stock airbox and needs to be relocated to install most CAI's.

Now... if I assumed wrong and you are driving a Z... I haven't the slightest idea what it is.
Old 11-17-2003, 11:08 PM

Its a 95 pontiac trans am. if the airbox is the part of the intake that has the filter inside of it, then no its not ontop of the airbox, its the thing infront of the fuse box NEXT to the box where the air filter is in, it almost looks like a tube that redirects air from the fender into the engine, but has a wiring harness thing screwed ontop of it.
Old 11-17-2003, 11:12 PM

thats your light thingy relay... i just unscrewed it, and put it on the side on my car
Old 11-17-2003, 11:16 PM
Administrator

Well, its at least 8 years since I moved mine to install my first CAI, but it was screwed to some part of the air intake system. Black plastic box, about 4" x 4", and a raised section with a bunch of wires coming out of it, 4 wires in a group on one end and 5 wires in a group on the other. If that's what yours looks like, it is the headlight control module and can not be removed, only relocated. "Guide" is the lighting division of GM.