LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

were can u get EGR block off plates, and when puttin longtubes in do you need 02 sims

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2003, 10:29 AM

were can u get EGR block off plates, and when puttin longtubes in do you need 02 sims

im about to order jethot longtubes, do i need to get O2 sim's too? is anything on my PCM gonna need to be changed if im removing AIR and EGR and putting the longtubes in? where do you hook sim's up at? PCM?
Old 11-20-2003, 10:43 AM
Administrator

You only use "sims" in the after cat positions on OBD-II. Your 94 is OBD-I and does not have after cat sensors.

SJM for blockoff plates.

For your 94, you can delete AIR with no codes, as long as you keep a good fuse in the power circuit. Deleting EGR generally will not set a code in OBD-I because the diagnostic is not very sensitive. Maybe 5% of the people will have a problem. You will need to replace the EGR solenoid with a resistor to avoid the EGR solenoid code.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:45 AM

your car in particular being a '94 (OBD1) you wont need O2 sims
O2 extensions is a possibility, some cars need them some dont!
EGR plates, I made my own with some aluminum i just took the piece off the hose (where it connects to the back of the intake manifold) that ran to the stock exhaust manifold (passenger side close to the firewall) and used that as a template to make my own very easy to do
your computer should be fine as long as its OBD1
Old 11-20-2003, 10:48 AM

alright, ty alot for the info, where is the solendoid ill need to replace with a resistor? is the stock fuse strong enough for keepin "a strong fuse" in the circuit?
Old 11-20-2003, 11:06 AM
Administrator

The EGR solenoid is on a bracket at the drivers side back corner of the intake manifold. It has a single vacuum line that runs from a port on the middle of the intake to the solenoid, then a single vacuum line that runs from the solenoid to the EGR valve.

You can see it in the lower left hand corner of this picture. (Ignore the vacuum line on the right side, that one belongs on the fuel pressure regulator).

You can just leave the solenoid in place, and electrically connected. But if you remove it, measure the resistance with an ohm meter and get the appropriate resistor. You will also need a small vacuum cap for the port on the side of the intake.

For the AIR pump, there is already a fuse in the system. It is fine, as long as it isn't blown.