LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

TTS datamaster info interpretation needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 03:24 PM

TTS datamaster info interpretation needed

I found this through the search option
http://members.aol.com/InjuneerZZ/ScanMast.htm

but , is there a tech article or maybe a write up on what the "normal" values should be for a stock LT1 ?

like for example I'm not sure if having 2100 knock counts is ok or not , is it higher than normal , lower , or ridiculously high/low...

I don't mind figuring things on my own but data without some kind of interpretation is useless
Old 02-25-2003, 03:31 PM
Administrator

That's my online document.... since it only covers the ScanMaster, it only describes the functions you can monitor with ScanMaster. But if you read each section carefully, it mentions "normal" readings.

As far as knock count, its a "cumulative" field... it just keeps adding knock counts until it reaches the maximum value for the field, then resets. It is only when the number changes that you need to look at it. If it stays constant over the run, there are no knock counts being detected. The absolute number isn't important.

If all else fails, post the log file online in .csv format, and ask us to take a look at it.
Old 02-25-2003, 03:33 PM

I believe the knock counts are cumulative, so if you don't know when the counting started, the number is useless. If you go from a known count and say make a run, then read it again, you will have something to analyse.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:25 AM

oh I see

interesting

I would post the file but there's no need , car runs like a champ , 103 000 miles with original plugs , wires , opti & everything else except tires & oil , lol

it just threw its first code which was EGR so that's why I got into the datamaster and I'll have that hopefully fixed this weekend, but while playing with it I had millions of questions about what stuff means so I'll re-read your article and try to figure some things out for myself. (I Know the car was knocking sometimes in the summer , so we'll see how that figure changes once the weather gets hot again).