LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

totaly confused...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 07:54 PM

well got an update today, its the opti and the keyless reciever module..great! i had a question,what if i buy a whole new alarm system from a random shop? will that fix the keyless reciever prblem? as far as i think, the keyless entry stuff is sort of like a factory alarm,right? so if i was to just replace that with a 60 dollar basic alarm,will that fix that problem? im asuming all alarms come with a new reciever and what not,or am i completely wrong?

thanks for anyhelp.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by BlkZ28Kreepn
well got an update today, its the opti and the keyless reciever module..great! i had a question,what if i buy a whole new alarm system from a random shop? will that fix the keyless reciever prblem? as far as i think, the keyless entry stuff is sort of like a factory alarm,right? so if i was to just replace that with a 60 dollar basic alarm,will that fix that problem? im asuming all alarms come with a new reciever and what not,or am i completely wrong?

thanks for anyhelp.
It would depend on what you buy. Consult the shop for what it will do and what it might replace.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by shoebox
It would depend on what you buy. Consult the shop for what it will do and what it might replace.

shoebox, im pretty sure the chip on my key has to do somthing with the ECU but would there be a way to take all the keyless entry stuff out,maybe bypass couple things to still use the same key to start the car? i dont have the remote to push lock/unlock my car anyway..so i can live with out the keyless entry option..is this possible?

thanks for your help,appreciate it much..
Old 04-21-2008, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by BlkZ28Kreepn
shoebox, im pretty sure the chip on my key has to do somthing with the ECU but would there be a way to take all the keyless entry stuff out,maybe bypass couple things to still use the same key to start the car? i dont have the remote to push lock/unlock my car anyway..so i can live with out the keyless entry option..is this possible?

thanks for your help,appreciate it much..
The keyless entry has nothing to do with the VATS. If you want to know about VATS, go here.