LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Shoebox I need your help one last time!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 11:34 AM

Shoebox I need your help one last time!!

I still can't start my car. I am going to describe what goes on when I attempt to start it the best I can. I put the key in the ignition and everything is ok till that point I turn the key to get the lights on the dash to come on and the fans to run. But I have not attempted to crank it yet and the security light comes on its not a steady light like normal it flashs. Then I Attempt to crank the car the over head light dims and the fans shut down and there is not even a click from the starter And the security light is still flashing. the starter is good. The battery is good. I think it is the damn security deal. I do not have a alarm. My friend said to rest the computer But I don't know how. Could you tell me. Also Can the computer chip in the keys just go bad. I am running out of options. I have not clue I have looked at all the fuses and the wires going to the starter, and the starter, But It seems to be that the factory security system is not allowing power to the starter. What is it? What can I do to make my car start? Also is there away to by pass the vats on my car? PLease help I am dieing here.
Old 07-04-2003, 11:49 AM

Flashing normally means it is having trouble reading the key. YOu can measure your key like this and then get a resistor that is close (look at the chart in the link). You can then plug the resistor into a connector under the dash that has a purple/white and white/black wire going back to the theft deterrent module.

I think Brent Franker has a write-up on his page about doing this.
Old 07-04-2003, 12:02 PM
Banned

http://www.acaenterprises.com/PASSII.html