LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Roller rocker arms?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 08:17 AM
Banned

Re: Roller rocker arms?

Don't forget to add pushrod guides, new valve covers and maybe new studs.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by redline9570
Why valve covers? You can get SA rockers that fit on the stock studs. No guideplates, no studs, no other costs if you are on a budget.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:35 AM

With each post you make you sound more and more like an idiot. Hopefully you'll realize that soon enough.

Rob, don't waste your time with this guy.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by shoebox
Why valve covers? You can get SA rockers that fit on the stock studs. No guideplates, no studs, no other costs if you are on a budget.
Problem with a full roller rocker is that the poly-lock style rocker nut is too high to clear the underside of the stock valve cover. Unfortunately, there is no short poly-lock style rocker nut which doesn't stick above the top of the rocker stud (as far as I know).
Old 04-12-2013, 09:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
With each post you make you sound more and more like an idiot. Hopefully you'll realize that soon enough.

Rob, don't waste your time with this guy.
Funny pot calling the kettle black.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:01 AM

Problem with a full roller rocker is that the poly-lock style rocker nut is too high to clear the underside of the stock valve cover. Unfortunately, there is no short poly-lock style rocker nut which doesn't stick above the top of the rocker stud (as far as I know).
Okay now you're just spewing flat out WRONG information.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
Okay now you're just spewing flat out WRONG information.
Can you and I just ignore each others existence please.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:20 AM

Can you and I just ignore each others existence please.
You don't know what your talking about. You think you do, which might work in your small world, but not here where people have done and know much more. RamAir95TA trumps you in knowledge and experience on LT1's. Not only that but so do alot of the people you ignore or dismiss that tried to give you advice on your motor build. I frankly didn't care to correct you on the stupidity of your own build but rather allow your own arrogance to be your downfall. However giving out poor or flat out wrong advice to others is where I have to step in.

STOP. You are going to meet resistance the whole way. I'll make it my personal goal to correct every word of stupidity you post on this site to save someone's time, motor, or money.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bersaglieri
You don't know what your talking about. You think you do, which might work in your small world, but not here where people have done and know much more. RamAir95TA trumps you in knowledge and experience on LT1's. Not only that but so do alot of the people you ignore or dismiss that tried to give you advice on your motor build. I frankly didn't care to correct you on the stupidity of your own build but rather allow your own arrogance to be your downfall. However giving out poor or flat out wrong advice to others is where I have to step in.

STOP. You are going to meet resistance the whole way. I'll make it my personal goal to correct every word of stupidity you post on this site to save someone's time, motor, or money.
He's given me ZERO advice just criticism. If that's what you call good advice then be it and I had those clearance issues on my gen 3 sbc. Perhaps you didn't follow the conversation from the start but the OP was looking at $160 set of Ebay roller rockers. Ram jumps in suggesting a set of $400 rockers. I chimed back saying, well if he was looking at ones for $160 maybe he is budget limited. So then I bought up roller tip ones which brought us here talking about clearance issues with stock valve covers for the full roller rockers with poly locks. If there is no clearance issue with poly locks and factory valve covers then say so instead of belittling. Thought these forums are for discussion not and ego olympic event.

Last edited by redline9570; 04-12-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:37 AM

Simply not true. I had no problem with height installing Pro Mags under my stock covers. The stiffener webbing has to be trimmed for the width as is highly documented. Tons of people run these under stock valve covers.

The OP did not say he was on a budget, you just assumed so based on his link. Maybe he just does not know any better and needed advice.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by shoebox
Simply not true. I had no problem with height installing Pro Mags under my stock covers. The stiffener webbing has to be trimmed for the width as is highly documented. Tons of people run these under stock valve covers.
This is what I could consider a normal response not some jackass calling another an idiot. I didn't assume anything but based on his selection at the time we could not disclose it also.

Last edited by redline9570; 04-12-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:47 AM

This is what I could consider a normal response not some jackass calling another an idiot.
If you don't truly know then just sit in the corner and be quiet. This isn't the guessing and speculation forum, it's the Tech forum.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bersaglieri
If you don't truly know then just sit in the corner and be quiet. This isn't the guessing and speculation forum, it's the Tech forum.
Really tired of these little insults how about you and Ram go play leap frog with a Unicorn. Better yet you go sit in the corner but before you sit put your dunce cap on the chair so you can use it as a megaphone to announce what an *** you are.
We or I came to the technical knowledge that you can use poly locks with stock valve covers but you have to do some trimming OTHERWISE THEY WILL NOT FIT. If you don't like to butcher up your valve covers then you will need new ones.

Last edited by redline9570; 04-12-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:05 AM
Administrator

If you guys want to personalize arguments, please take it elsewhere. Debate is fine and disagreements will happen, but personalizing arguments is simply unprofessional and will not be tolerated. Consider this an official warning.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:34 AM
Admin Emeritus

I'd also like to add that we are not your babysitters. We are all adults here, so govern yourselves accordingly. We haven't had much of any problems like this in a long time, and suddenly, we are called in frequently. There's a pattern here, with the situation and the people involved. It is not hard to spot and won't be beneficial to anyone here if the trend continues any further.

In addition...if a site member reports a post, and then follows up in the thread with the same activity, that is a waste on all fronts of our time and the effort that people put into the thread. The reports to help keep the site running smoothly are appreciated, but don't ask us to put out a fire and then start another one.

Finally, there is a combined hundreds of year of experience on this site. Literally. Poor information won't go long without being corrected. Be here to learn, not to be correct.

Quick Reply: Roller rocker arms?