LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

RK Sport adjustable shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 10:47 AM

RK Sport adjustable shocks?

I ordered some turn signal blackouts for my car and I got a RK Sport catalog. Looking through it, I saw that they are selling some adjustable shocks. It also claims that you can adjust your ride height. Im thinking this would be cool cause I want to lower my car, and this would allow me to raise my car in case I need to get over a bump without scraping. Any thoughs/experiences??
Old 01-28-2003, 11:19 AM

Unless RK Sport has changed their shock design in last 3-4 years, the ride height of the shocks cannot be adjusted. I assume these are the same ones that you buy the air compressor kit for? If so, the only thing that is adjustable is the firmness of the shock. Now, these can be adjusted at the shock also, without the use of the compressor. It just has a plastic **** that attatches at the bottom of the shock. It has five different settings. I do have a set of these shocks, and personally i don't care for them very much. I think there are much better shocks out there for less or the same amount of money (Bilsteins,Hal,Koni). And as far as the air compressor kit goes, i never had good luck with mine. It was ok at first (2-3 months), but then it starts leaking, and it just gets worse, and it's a pain in the azz to try and find a leak in an 1/8" piece of hose. I also busted a couple of the air lines because of where they were routed (jacking the car up and not paying close attention). It seemed like everytime i thought i had a leak fixed, there was another one. Anyway, i wouldn't recommend these shocks to anyone. my 2 cents.