LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

RHS 235 heads and Super Vic IN THE CAR BABY!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 08:31 AM

Looking good David, looks like we both have the same goal to run 10's on motor huh? I am doing it a little different, punk 355 LT1 with Lloyds heads and some old cam I got from Brett. Later
Old 05-01-2007, 08:33 AM
Banned

Clint, how is that all coming along? I heard all your TVs in the house were broke too? You get them all fixed, cause that can start to get REAL expensive.

Bret
Old 05-01-2007, 08:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by T/A lt1
Looking good David, looks like we both have the same goal to run 10's on motor huh? I am doing it a little different, punk 355 LT1 with Lloyds heads and some old cam I got from Brett. Later

I would love to see some pics Clint, I am pulling more weight than you..so I needed more artillery

Hopefully I didn't bring a knife to a gunfight LMAO

David
Old 05-03-2007, 05:57 PM
Banned

CLINT we needs some pics dude!

David
Old 05-04-2007, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by 95ttoplt1
Yeah I got a quote from Lemmons to build me a set for the new All-pro's with the Spread pattern, $1100. I didn't think that was too bad.

Who's Elbow are you using??
$1100 is about right. That's what the owner paid for a custom set for a 434 I built to go in his 86 Vette.

Jake
Old 05-04-2007, 02:52 PM

I'll get some pics soon, been too busy to work on the car guys but hopefully I will have it running this month. The valves are set and it's almost ready to crank. I'll try to get some pics later this week. Clint
Old 05-11-2007, 04:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JAKEJR
$1100 is about right. That's what the owner paid for a custom set for a 434 I built to go in his 86 Vette.

Jake
The quotes I got locally were $1000 labor and YOU bought the kit.....then you had to coat them(If not stainless)

Clint....slacker we want some pics.

David

Last edited by FASTFATBOY; 05-12-2007 at 08:07 AM.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:04 PM

Just wanted to also offer my congratulations as it looks real sweat. Really does. Know it's been a long time a comming.

I have the same fuel pressure regulator and probably same guage. Be real carefull as for some reason I'm running into gremlin after gremlin but one of them was the guage was way off. Put a seperate valve on the regulator so you can independenttly check to make sure your guage is accurate. Cause my wasn't!!!

"People think it takes cubic inches to make power, it takes cubic DOLLARS to make power."

Holly dog poop.......about the truest thing I've seen in a while.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Denny McLain
Just wanted to also offer my congratulations as it looks real sweat. Really does. Know it's been a long time a comming.

I have the same fuel pressure regulator and probably same guage. Be real carefull as for some reason I'm running into gremlin after gremlin but one of them was the guage was way off. Put a seperate valve on the regulator so you can independenttly check to make sure your guage is accurate. Cause my wasn't!!!

"People think it takes cubic inches to make power, it takes cubic DOLLARS to make power."

Holly dog poop.......about the truest thing I've seen in a while.

Thanks man....yeh one of my dreams is about to come true....just hope it stays a dream and not a nightmare LOL.

Hey I was reading through some old threads awhile back and came across one of yours..where you had a problem on the dyno with the power going flat up top...whatever came of that?

David

Last edited by FASTFATBOY; 05-11-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:17 AM

how much longer till you can make a pass?

1 month?, 2 months?
Old 05-12-2007, 08:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by NightTrain66
how much longer till you can make a pass?

1 month?, 2 months?
Tentative plans as of now are to tow up to Ed Wright this time next month if all goes well. I have not started the car yet.....still doing button up stuff...window for that is next weekend(ish). I have figured out how to get the throttle cable on it(finally) without it looking like a Ray Charles design LOL. Still lots of little stuff...the list is getting smaller though. I am trying not to put myself under the gun.....you make mistakes that way. After it is together I still have to set ride height(gotta buy 300lbs of dog food or put two of my buddies in the drivers seat for that he he) Get it aligned, scale it and put some break in miles on it...so it may be the first of july before I get it tuned.

But what sucks about that is it will be hot as hell.....but it will still go to the track in Hattiesburg, I will do some shakedown passes here at the local 1/8 mile first.....Ed wants to take it to the track while we are up there....will have to see on that one...depends on time restraints and if all goes well on the dyno.

My ultimate goal is to have it running and all the bugs worked out by the first of Oct....we have a really good car show over on the coast of Mississippi, lasts a whole WEEK!! Cruising the Coast, had as many as 5000 registered show cars and they all HAVE to drive in between judging spots....bad azz cars everywhere.....alot of guys like me and silverzz28 don't enter the show. we just go to cruise and scare up a street race. SO that is really what I am after...I am gonna try not to break it before then he he.

If anyone is free around that time...come on down. One of THE best car shows...period.

www.cruisingthecoast.com

But to answer the question, two months at the latest.

And by the way..THANKS for all the help, hopefully it will pay off.

David
Old 05-12-2007, 08:18 AM

MmMmMMM...solid roller.

Im seeing alot of solid roller builds starting to pop up around here including my self. Do you think your going to have to vacume canister?.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MEAN LT1
MmMmMMM...solid roller.

Im seeing alot of solid roller builds starting to pop up around here including my self. Do you think your going to have to vacume canister?.

I got one in case I need it....I got a BIG right foot and leg

Bret may have more insight here......Bret?

David
Old 05-12-2007, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
Thanks man....yeh one of my dreams is about to come true....just hope it stays a dream and not a nightmare LOL.

Hey I was reading through some old threads awhile back and came across one of yours..where you had a problem on the dyno with the power going flat up top...whatever came of that?

David
Probably SOL describes it best.

New headers, new springs, thinner head gaskets for better quench and compression, resealed intake to make sure it wasn’t an issue and the dyno results look exactly the same down about 30 hp from the runs with my old LT4 intake even. Every single indicator points to the sheetmetal intake really waking the car up as it did at one time pick up 47 ft lbs of torque down low. You run the setup through professional Performance Trends (I don’t like the cheaper one at all) and it replicates the actual dyno gain exactly but says it should continue up the rpm scale.

Positive those damn $2K POS super duper headers I bought were hitting the motor mount upon torque caused that abnormally, but now even the low end gain is gone. Really believe there is another 50-60 hp hidden somewhere from where the car is at now. Just finding it is turning out to be the $64,000 question.

Also some weird things like throwing MAF codes and even went back from the billet housing to a completely new stock MAF and housing. Took Lloyd Elliott for a ride and discovered it needed reprogramming as the car flowed enough air that the computer would shut down just about the time I was ready to shift. Got that fixed and now the sucker just threw an 02 code.

One of the X factors is I added the old hot rodders standard of an exhaust evacuation breather system and getting ready to get my butt under the car this morning to remove it to the standard valve cover vent. Ain’t a tuning issue as how much dicking can you do with timing and fuel/air anyway?

If it doesn’t respond to removing the evacuation system it’s time for a new wiring harness as it’s maybe electrical. What a fricken pain!! I’m firing the fricken mechanic (me) and let a fresh eye look at it. Always thought the mechanic didn't know poop about working on one anyway.

Actually have a question back………

Did you have your heads redone for reverse cooling?? Guess it was a year ago when I brought that up to Lloyd Elliott and he gave me a dirty look and said I didn’t want to go there because of leaks. Please let (me) everyone know how that work out and if it is an issue.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:47 AM
Banned

Yes they are converted, CFM in Indy did them.

As far as leaks, leaks where and how?

You HAVE put a sheetmetal on the car and it didn't respond? Kinda didn't get that part. If not I would do a Vic conversion. But I will stick to my guns and say the intake aint it.

If Mindgame, Rick Abare, Ed Wright and others can make more power than you with a stock plenum....that aint it.

Have you checked cam timing? Was it degreed? Mine was 3 degrees off.

Have you dynoed the car with the MAF unhooked from the airbox, or just open in front?

Have you tried another ecm?

Have you uncapped the car on the dyno?

Problems like yours intrigue me. LOL I may be calling YOU when mine gets on the rollers

David

Quick Reply: RHS 235 heads and Super Vic IN THE CAR BABY!