LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Question about radiator hose kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 11:20 PM

Question about radiator hose kit

My upper radiator hose sprung a leak today, when I was driving home from getting my new 15% tint done . Anyway, I was looking up the Goodyear Hi Miler hose kit for my 94 Z28, and I noticed that some sites were saying the kit was for 95-97 Camaros, while sites like Summit were saying 94-97. With varying custom part numbers that are vendor specific, it is hard to compare them, but from what I can tell they are the same damn kits.

My question is: Is there any difference between a 94 and a 95 Z28 that would cause the kit to not work on a 94? My guess is hose length is slightly different?

I'm still confused about the varying fitments, it doesnt make much sense to me, so I was hoping somone would be able to shed some light on the issue. And perhaps suggest another good kit to go with if the goodyear kit won't fit, as I plan on replacing my hoses with HOPEFULLY better than OEM hoses.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:32 PM

Re: Question about radiator hose kit

i went with the kit and would have to say that it fits nicely. it comes with all hoses with the exception of one heater hose (for whatever reason...?). the box itself is labeled for 95-97 lt1 use. although i have heard of people with 93-94 lt1's converting their hose systems to work with this kit. i'm sure it wouldnt be too hard of a task to do. the only problem with this kit is that you have to cut the old hose clamps off the metal tubing (for the heater lines and the inline bleeder for the heater core line) and clamp the new hoses around the metal tubing. i'm not familiar with the 93-94 coolant hose routing system so i wont be able to be any more specific on the actual changes that would need to occur to make this fit. i dont know if the problem lies within the configuration or the hose length itself. but i would guess that it would be configuration. i just know that it can and has been done with this kit.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:40 PM

Re: Question about radiator hose kit

thanks for the info slver. It still puzzles me why a company like summit would have the kit in their catalog for years saying the kit fits 94-97, and not change it. If there was a fitment issue, they would change it. I'm sure if a 94Z owner ordered the kit from them and it didnt fit, they would be pretty POed about it. So I'm thinking the kit probably does fit, just might need a little bit of coaxing on a couple of the hoses perhaps. I sure wish somone could confirm my theory though before i spend $$.