LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

procomp shaft rockers $200!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 07:48 PM

procomp shaft rockers $200!!

i just got a set in i saw on ebay.there are a few guys selling them,$200 new.i also just bought the comp cams ones, but for the price the pro comps are worth every penny.they seem to fit well with the 1/2 inch socket size head bolts.they look just like the t&d shaft rockers, but these are anadized red and black.just thought id let you know.these are about a thousand dollars cheaper than the cop cams,and it doesnt look like im going to need lash caps or any machining in the stud boss area.ill let you guys know when i get the whole thig up and running, but for now i say they are going to work great!cant beat the price either, when you think about the price of roller rockers,studs and guide plates they are about the same if not a lil cheaper.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Banned

Only one thing those are good for....................

crab pot weights

David
Old 08-10-2007, 08:08 PM

Lmao! good luck w/them.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:42 PM

joe, your an idiot.
has anyone run these or even seen them yet? has anyone compaired them side by side to the comp cams rockers?im guessing no.alot of companies dont make there own ****, and you can get it without the name for a fraction of the cost on ebay.i built and own a seven second motor with some of these parts.i was looking for people who had factual input on the subject, not negative responces with nothing to back them up.if you have anything usfull to say then please im all ears,if not then use other peoples threads to up your post count.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:03 AM

I guess that you never heard the phrase that you get what you pay for?Shaft mounts arent really needed.And thanks for the compliment.And I could care a less about my post count...Ohh,something to brag about.Along with my 7 second motor.Good luck with your 7, or is it 8 second motor.Maybe 6 in your next post.

Last edited by joeSS97; 08-11-2007 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:53 PM

Aside from the cheap materials and horrible tolerances that plague the chinese rip-off parts - you are stealing from the American companies that spend the money for the research and development of these products. Procomp was recently sued (successfully)by Autotronics Corp. for their identical replica's of the MSD boxes. If you want to buy offshore parts like Eagle cranks, that's fine, but when you buy stuff from Procomp Electronics all of which are carbon copies of other companies PATENTED products - you are basically just as criminal as they are. There are several lawsuits in progress trying to shut them down.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:32 PM

They are scumsuckers and I wouldn't use their crap if you paid me.

Rich
Old 08-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rskrause
They are scumsuckers and I wouldn't use their crap if you paid me.

Rich
what about if they paid you 5 zillion dollars?
Old 08-11-2007, 05:58 PM

im more concerned with my e.t. and pocketbook than i am about the legalites of patent infringement.i could care less if those companys sue each other.if i can save a grand on a part that will still do what its suposed to do( this still remains to be seen) then im all over it.ill be the guinea pig and maybe i can save a fellow chevy owner a thousand bucks one day.forget these companys and there legal battles.weve made them rich enough already, lets see if we can save each other money!
Old 03-15-2008, 02:42 AM

any luck with the procomp parts.. im considering buying procomp heads that look the same as the 210 AFR heads i want.. but like a grand cheaper.. lemme know before i go buying this stuff!! thanks man!
Old 03-15-2008, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by 11secgen
im more concerned with my e.t. and pocketbook than i am about the legalites of patent infringement.i could care less if those companys sue each other.if i can save a grand on a part that will still do what its suposed to do( this still remains to be seen) then im all over it.ill be the guinea pig and maybe i can save a fellow chevy owner a thousand bucks one day.forget these companys and there legal battles.weve made them rich enough already, lets see if we can save each other money!
It's attitudes like that that brought about NAFTA. Wave bye-bye to more American jobs...
Old 03-15-2008, 08:39 AM

Maybe your new rocker arms are all that you say, but there are a LOT of potential problems with Chinese knockoff parts.

My company shamefully uses some cheap Chinese parts in their products, just like a lot of other companies. It lands on my desk when it doesn't work or is found to be defective in some way. Since they copy parts from someone elses design, they do not necessarily engineer it, and they do not necessarily understand how it functions or the problems with the part. If they are copying an imperfect part, they copy the imperfection as well as add their own new problems. They don't seem to understand about quality systems, corrective actions, and just change materials depending on what's available to them or just let quality depend on the skill or diligence of the person who made the product that day. I also think it's funny, that when we ask them for a corrective action that their answer more than once is to alter their system of punishment and reward for the person responsible for building or inspecting the part.

Maybe you will get a good part from them, or maybe you won't. That's the gamble. Consistent quality and engineering support are the problems, along with the implied ethical dillemas.

Last edited by Kevin Blown 95 TA; 03-15-2008 at 08:46 AM.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by 11secgen
Some people don't see the big picture.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:10 AM

I agree Shoebox...and not to knock anyone, I dont like arguing...but I work with alot of people that claim that Uncle Sam has ruined our economy...then they go drive home in their Japanese cars...all so they can "save some money" when they are really hurting our economy and theirselves in the long run...but what can you do??? Just something to ponder over...
Old 03-16-2008, 08:22 AM

I find it ironic when I hear doctors talk about how hard it is to collect when patients don't have good jobs/health insurance. And then go out to the Doctor's Lot and climb into their Lexus, Mercedes, BMW's, etc. When you point out the possible connection, they often become VERY defensive and angry - which of course proves the point. I try very had to buy American products and when I can't, China is my LAST choice. The reasons are based on what could be called "enlightened self interest". Saving a few dollars in the short run, if the economy goes down the crapper in the meantime, is a false economy. And don't start up with the "you can't tell where anything is made anymore". That's a lame excuse. Usually, it isn't too hard. And that is no excuse for not trying. When you can't tell, you can't tell and that's just the way it is. That's no excuse for buying foreign stuff when you CAN tell though.

Rich

ps: I DO like to argue

Quick Reply: procomp shaft rockers $200!!