LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Pro Performance Heads, Cont...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2002, 04:21 PM

If you distribute, and then say "I stand up" for a product, that sounds like you are accepting accountability for workmanship flaws.

If you said "I will not stand up for this product, best of luck to you" then it sounds like you are not accepting accountability for it.
Old 11-02-2002, 04:47 PM

All I am trying to say is that I have the heads on my car, and I like them. I have been currently thinking of getting another set done by someone else "reputable" to see if anything changes power wise. If the heads are so crappy, then I should pick up a S*it load of power with a set of real ported heads. Then I could run 12x mph through the 1/4 on the stock Botttom end. I will have the new heads and my current heads tested on the same bench to see the charecteristics of both under the same conditions. And no, I'm not being sarcastic.
Old 11-02-2002, 04:56 PM
Ai

Not to be too much of a d*ck, but what makes you think anyone reputable would be dumb enough to send you guys a good set of heads for you to attempt to copy/learn from? Moreover, mook never rolled 406rw like you guys claimed, and you know it.. but kept saying it.. so why the hell should people believe ANY numbers you give anyway? I dont see a dyno sheet for your numbers, i see a quoted peak number in a signature, & if that wasnt doubtful enough, it's coming from a guy associated with scammers. How it is...

Honestly bro, I dont think you ever got into this to rip people off, but if you want to preserve what little credibility you have left, you'd probably be best doing everything in your power to disassociate your name and distance yourself from PP.
Old 11-02-2002, 05:16 PM

Thumbs down

You know, I just went through this post and noticed something - Beast, man you sure do flip flop around. When talking about getting PP's act together it's "we". When discussing the bad parts of it (ruined heads, pissed off customers), flip flop time! - now it's "I don't work for them" or "I'm just a customer".

And what's this about it not being a business? If you were some schmoe reading all this talk about 'Pro Performance' what the hell would you think it was? A cat? It's called Pro Performance! So what exactly is 'it'?

I don't even have heads from your (their?) shop. Don't want 'em. It has absolutely zero to do with how well the job gets done there - it's how you (them? who's on first?) handle business that makes the whole thing look like a rinky-dink back yard hack job.

If you've got nothing 'official' to do with them, then I'd suggest you stop representing yourself as such. If you didn't mean to sound as though you were affiliated, and are now realizing you do, say so. BUT - If money changed from PP's hands to yours due to some service you performed for PP wrt getting the heads done, like it or not, you are part of the equation.

What a mess.. Good luck.
Old 11-02-2002, 05:21 PM

Location: I reached back like a pimp and smacked that LS1....
Originally posted by SkarodoM
I dont even know what to say about these winglets[/url]

-Phil [/B]

LOL! Are you F!@#ing serious!!!
Old 11-02-2002, 05:57 PM

Originally posted by INTMD8
LOL! Are you F!@#ing serious!!!
INTMD8, what do you mean?
Old 11-02-2002, 06:03 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SkarodoM
[B]

atrocious valvejob
(if you can even call it a valvejob)

SEATS....we don't need no stinking seats

dropped head and someone didnt even knock the mushroomed part off that hung below the deck

Half tube of silicon well fix that.

Grinder marks across intake surface (we'd never ship something like that

Sealing groves, keeps the gasket from moving

I dont even know what to say about these winglets

BahHaHaHaHa
Old 11-02-2002, 06:27 PM

Location: I reached back like a pimp and smacked that LS1....
Originally posted by 96vortechSS
INTMD8, what do you mean?

http://66.228.67.107/SkarodoM/heads/...tleWingssm.jpg

If you look at this picture and you know what you are looking at than this would be hilarious to you. By the look of the port, they probably ported away the whole valve-guide and had to replace it, leaving the small aluminum "winglet" pictured.
Old 11-02-2002, 06:53 PM

BTW guys I took those Pic's from a set of Pro Perf Stage Heads. they were the ones on Kmooks car. Luckily we did not put them on the 396 we had planned on till we had them checked out.

I think I have it figured out. They only ship the bad heads the good ones stay in town hehehe

As far as i am concern they subject is dead. If Beast did not defend them so adimatly it may just go away
Old 11-02-2002, 07:17 PM

In the long run, it is a shame that not only larger companies take advantage of people or give poor service/products, but once in awhile expecting a professionally done engine/heads whatever, you may not only get less than you payed for performance wise but something not even ready to be bolted on.

Sometimes going out on a limb and trying a company not well established can end up not so fun. I also remember though a FORMER sponsor of this site, who still has full page ads in magazines (sometimes 2 pagers), that was screwing over site members in various ways, I'm sure many people here will remember who it is.
Old 11-02-2002, 07:26 PM

Originally posted by Dr.Mudge
.Sometimes going out on a limb and trying a company not well established can end up not so fun. I also remember though a FORMER sponsor of this site, who still has full page ads in magazines (sometimes 2 pagers), that was screwing over site members in various ways, I'm sure many people here will remember who it is.
Was it muscle motors? I know lots of people on the board had probelms with "Jack" and his service?
Old 11-02-2002, 07:35 PM

I too have had many many problems with "PP" I have talked to the porter on the phone a few different times and in the end he says he will do whatever it takes to get thins right I'd prefer to just have my $$ back and get some different heads and have the car running. Its been sitting now for over a year due to my first set flowing coolant into the engine. I sent them back and recieved some stage 3 ported heads. I guess the first ones I had were the Stage 5's???The second set of heads didnt even have a valve job. I had to buy new valves out of my own pocket, pay for shipping back to him, pay for two pressure tests and pay for a valve job, ON TOP of paying for the junk heads. Its extremely frustrating and getting to the point that Im starting to think its more hassle than any of its worth. It is still up in the air if I am going to be compensated any $$ for the valve job atleast We shall see, I'll try to call the guy that ported them in a few mins.
Old 11-02-2002, 08:27 PM

Guys, I personally know Jason(Beast) and he is a great guy..Just wish you guys could meet him and hang out..He got in a situation that kinda screwed him..He was merely helping people out when things turned bad on him..And like he said..he is just a "middle man"..He doesnt make it a point to sell these heads..Just if someone emails him, he helps them out..He DOES NOT work out at PP..I have been out there to the shop(30miles away from everything) and its a lonngg drive out there...Also, Danny(PP porter) is really a great guy..Dont think this guy is out to get everyonees money cause he is not like that in any way...Just tryin to cure everyones need to go fast which isnt going well for him right now..this is a side job for him(he has a 8-5 job during day) and he ports at night..I dont know what to say about this situation at all..its up to Danny(PP) to make it right for the customer and possibly regain his reputation..

Cody
Old 11-02-2002, 08:40 PM

Dr. Mudge, who was (is?) the guy that was ripping off board members? I am looking into doing my heads or maybe buying a brand new set, and can't afford to get ripped off!

As for PP, it is very sad that people do this to others. I agree with the above statement made by SkarodoM and I couldn't sleep at night either. I was actually "considering" PP for my heads and am very glad that I came across this thread. I've read every post in this thread and I don't know how Beast can say that he is NOT affiliated? And the part where you state that you have in fact received money (even if it wasn't "directly" from PP), but then turn around and say that you have nothing to do with the "business" (or whatever you will call it?) is just really hard for me to buy. The money you received was still for helping PP. You are the only one backing them, it is hard for me to believe that you have nothing to do with PP.

Bottom line is that it is a bunch of crap and I would never want excuse me TAKE in any part of it!!!

Last edited by Rich_z28; 11-02-2002 at 08:52 PM.
Old 11-02-2002, 08:43 PM

How is he helping people out? If things really did (past tense) go bad and he is the middle man, then why is he still referring business to them and defending them?

That doesn't sound very helpful!

Quick Reply: Pro Performance Heads, Cont...