LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

people with delteq system

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 09:59 PM

people with delteq system

just a real quick question for the people with it does your car fire right up? my car ALWAYS since i got it even if it sat for a couple days or just finished a project would turn over like as soon as i turned the key sometimes i pretty much just flicked the key and let it go and i was running. now it seems like i have to hold it for a second or 2 and then it goes. I dont think its the delteq system but thats the last thing powertrain related i changed in a long time. fuel filter is only maybe 10K miles old, some of the O2s are new, obviously new coils since the delteq is on there. im thinking fuel related maybe? or maybe just the starter since once its running i dont notice a problem. fuel pressure was good last time i checked a few months ago, and honestly i dont know the symptoms of a bad starter since none of my cars ever had that problem so that was just a guess.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:13 PM

Re: people with delteq system

Never really noticed but most newer cars with crank position sensors (Ours is part of the Opti) have to turn over at least 2-3 revolutions before it fires. It needs this time to figure out where it is in the firing order. Before this, the plugs don't even fire in most engines.

I'd call it a small trade-off. I love my Delteq, the car runs better than I ever could have dreamed. And with mine mounted on the radiator, no one has yet to even notice it yet.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:02 AM

i was thinking something along those lines as a possible reason
Old 09-28-2004, 08:26 AM

My car used to start as soon as I turned the key forward, since I changed from bosch platinum +4 and MSD 8.5mm wires to NGK TR55 and Tayler 8mm wires it cranks for a second. When you changed to delteq did the plug wires get smaller?
Old 09-28-2004, 10:51 AM

Mine fires pretty quickly with the Delteq...definately a lot quicker than with the stock ignition. It seems like it fired up faster when it was first installed, but after a few days it takes a just a little bit longer. Maybe it's just because the plugs aren't brand spankin' new anymore?
Old 09-28-2004, 07:14 PM

In the install book it states that it will take slighty longer to start needs to find referance for coil packs
Old 09-29-2004, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Sounds painfully familiar to the "SDI/Opti-Eliminator" from Electromotive. E-x-t-e-n--d---e----d start times. The SDI/O-E was another product from the same guy who did the Delteq. Major problems synching the cam position signal to the controler.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:16 PM

Thats car sounds like mine wow.
The old schooler and harley guys hate mine.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:26 PM

I have the LTCC & it fire right up, as soon as the key is turned you can barely hear it turn and its already running, but like this ever since the LTCC install & like this for years with the LTCC

Matt.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
Sounds painfully familiar to the "SDI/Opti-Eliminator" from Electromotive. E-x-t-e-n--d---e----d start times. The SDI/O-E was another product from the same guy who did the Delteq. Major problems synching the cam position signal to the controler.

If he had problems, so did GM. Many of the early GM disrtibutorless cars would crank for 2 seconds or more before they started. The ECM has to figure out which is #1 before it can fire the plugs. Either way, I don't care. My Z now purrs like a kitten on an Opti that it barely ran on a month or so ago.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by RE AND CHERYL
If he had problems, so did GM. Many of the early GM disrtibutorless cars would crank for 2 seconds or more before they started. The ECM has to figure out which is #1 before it can fire the plugs. Either way, I don't care. My Z now purrs like a kitten on an Opti that it barely ran on a month or so ago.
And your point is?

Old 09-30-2004, 03:17 PM

Yup it takes longer, expecially if it's cold. It takes a crank or two. I really don't care how hard it is to get started..........heck if it was a pull start i'd do it as long as i have spark above 4grand