LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

OptiSpark Sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 01:42 PM
BTC

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY: Dalton, GA: Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
OptiSpark Sale

I hope it's not inappropriate to post this information here, but Summit Racing is running a clearance sale on both models of GM optisparks. The price is not too shabby.

Distributors - SummitRacing.com
Old 12-26-2012, 03:42 PM

Re: OptiSpark Sale

I don't know about that, but thanks for the tip. I was keeping my eye out for a good price on a spare opti before they get too hard to find. Thanks.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:48 PM

Oh man, I wish I had the money!! I hope they stay on sale for at least a week!!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:15 AM
BTC

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY: Dalton, GA: Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA

I'm pretty sure they'll be on sale until they are gone. When I spoke to Summit, they said these were being discontinued. I asked if they were AC Delco and was told they were GM Performance. I suspect branding is the only difference. I also believe these should be new and not remanufactured, which may now be the case with AC Delco.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:00 PM

also check out Discount Auto Parts Online -- PartsGeek.com - Domestic & Import Auto Parts Warehouse. I just ordered a delphi one for $285 w/free shipping! They stock a good amount of GM/Delphi parts for cheap!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:58 AM
BTC

Originally Posted by Dan95TA
also check out Discount Auto Parts Online -- PartsGeek.com - Domestic & Import Auto Parts Warehouse. I just ordered a delphi one for $285 w/free shipping! They stock a good amount of GM/Delphi parts for cheap!
The unvented Delphi opti on that site is $358.

The piece I ordered from Summit arrived yesterday. I'll try to post some pics this evening in case anyone is interested.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Dan95TA
Good find Dan! That's a really good price on one of those.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:00 AM
BTC

I tried to post some pics. Is the only option to link from a hosting website, like photobucket? Unless I'm missing something, attaching pics to the thread no longer seems to be an option.

And those are good prices that Dan found, but the unvented, "Chevy Performance" units are still a bit cheaper in Summit's sale. Get them while supplies last.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Direct attachment of photos has not been an option on this site. They can be embedded as links, or made visible using the [img] tags (assuming the source allows hot linking), and a link to the photo on a server. You can use CamaroZ28 as the server:

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sit...28-com-699204/
Old 01-10-2013, 12:20 PM
BTC

Originally Posted by Injuneer
Direct attachment of photos has not been an option on this site. They can be embedded as links, or made visible using the [img] tags (assuming the source allows hot linking), and a link to the photo on a server. You can use CamaroZ28 as the server:

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sit...28-com-699204/
Thanks. I'll try this approach this evening. I want to say I read the FAQ and it mentioned the Manage Attachments option, which is what I'm familiar with from other sites.

I don't guess it's really that important to post pics since we've all seen an opti, but I figured I would do it in case anyone was considering purchasing. I'm not sure there is anything in my pics that will confirm it to be the real deal, but there are some guys on LS1Tech that bought one, took it apart and said it had the Mitsubishi optical sensor.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:42 PM
Administrator

You need to open it up and Loc-Tite the rotor screws.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
You need to open it up and Loc-Tite the rotor screws.
Heck yeah.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:14 PM
BTC

Old 01-10-2013, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by BTC

Is that the Summit, piece. I might have to order one, this weekend.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:31 AM
BTC

Originally Posted by kevhogaz
Is that the Summit, piece. I might have to order one, this weekend.
Yes. It's the unvented unit for '93 & '94 models. The branding on Summit's website is "Chevrolet Performance", but it just came in an unmarked cardboard box. They are apparently having a clearance sale on this particular line of optis. I would assume it's a GM piece, or the same as an AC/Delco or Delphi. The cap is closer to being black than yellow, but it's kind of a mix. I'm pretty sure the factory opti I took off of my car, plus the replacement AC/Delco I put back on, had more a gold/yellow cap. The drive pin is removeable, and I want to say that Shoebox indicated a lot of aftermarket knockoffs had fixed drive pins.

If your car has the vented opti, the pricing on the Delphi units that Dan95TA posted is better than Summit's sale price. Nevermind. I see in your sig that your car is a '94.

I'm seriously considering buying another one. They're still carrying AC/Delco, but they're $530 for the unvented piece. I've heard the AC/Delco units are now remanufactured, but I don't know for sure whether that's true. I do know that GM dealers implemented a core charge a few years ago on optis, which leads me to believe they were trying to stock up on housings. The pictures of the AC/Delco units on their website show a wiring harness, but I don't know whether that's included. I guess that would be a nice touch for 500+ bucks.

Quick Reply: OptiSpark Sale