LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Omg Worst Luck Ever!!! Holy Crap!!! Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2003, 05:28 PM

Angry Omg Worst Luck Ever!!! Holy Crap!!! Help!!!

OMG you guys will not believe this ****!!!!!!!! Ok lets start out at the begining, I got 4.10s put in and I have been needing the comp reprogrammed and i finally got it done.. Im driving home on the highway and I saw some steam coming from my hood, the temp went up and low coolant light on, i pulled over and I checked the hoses and one was BLOWN TO CRAP(the one that goes into the thermostat housing), someone else pulled over to help me, we found the prob(the hose) and he offered to take me to Pepboys, I bought the hose and filled it with coolant(costs me about 17 bucks total). Im driving home and i get on my street and the low coolant light comes on and I thought nothing of it being that I had just filled it and probably had air in there.. Well then i saw my temp shooting up and I just made it to my house before it hit redline.. Another hose blew, this time it was the hose inderneath that, it goes from the verybottom passenger side water pump to somewhere.. It broke rightwhere it connects to the water pump and I just cut it and put it back on... I had coolant all over my engine and everything, not the air filter though(thank god). So I let it cool and then I covered the airbox with a plastic bag and sprayed degreaser and let it sit and then hosed it off(not too much though) and took the pplastice bag off and started it up and there was this LOUD clunking noise and I couldnt pinpoint it before I shut it off but the shifter was goin crazy, So i shut it off and was like OMG WTF NOT MORE PROBLEMS.. so I started her back up and the noise was gone, I went to drive it so get the motor all nice and dryed off and everything seemed fine but I went to get on it once and the car like stoped, it threw me forward... It has some kick but when you get on it it seems as if your pulling the key out of the IGN but yet the engine is still running, I dont get this... And if I push the clutch in and rev it the car goes fine through the RPMs.. It idles fine and doesnt get hott or anything, just drives weird.. It will drive normal if your going slow but when you get to about 2000 RPMs not on the gas alot(nice and slow) the car jerks around a bit, but then when you get on it its like OMG WTF IS HAPPENING, If anyone has the TCS or ASR function on there cars it feels like that kicking in big time but its turned off so i dont understand... also when I shift it makes a noise when I push in the clutch in the begining movements of it and when I let it out at the same position (just before it all the way out), the noise sounds like if your cars off and your wiggleing the stick back and forth.. SOme one help me please!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2003, 05:30 PM

Sounds to me like you fried your opti when you washed the engine off. Take a hairdryer to it and let it sit over night. If the problems don't go away after 24 hours of sitting, I think you might need a new opti. Anyone else know?

*EDIT*

I have no idea why your shifter is going nuts tho.
Old 11-22-2003, 05:33 PM

start your car with the radiator cap off, you might have a blown head gasket, all those are signs of a blow head gasket, could be that the lurching may either be coolant getting in or most likely the coolant that sprayed all over the engine got on the opti & now thats dead

hope this helps bro.
Old 11-22-2003, 05:34 PM

Actually I was very careful when I was hosing the engine off... Not alot of water at all if any got onto that.. It idles fine.. Would that cause the noise I hear? When the radiator hoses blew the opti didnt get wet either, mostly everything to the left of that.. Maybe the opti go alittle from the top hose blowing but it drive fine when i was going home, the bottom hose then blew but was squirting water out towards the fans and did not get anything wet.
Old 11-22-2003, 05:36 PM

I had the car running with the cap off for while and it looked normal.. Nothing to worry about I didnt think.. Didnt seem oily at all when the coolant was all over my engine. darn GM.. Im going to buy a FORD!!!!!!! :::SMACKS HIMSELF SILLY:::: .. Sorry I dont know what I was thinking..
Old 11-22-2003, 05:48 PM

Try reseting the pcm just for kicks....its worth a try....it may be in limp mode. I would also make sure all my coil and opti wire boots were dry inside. If those things dont work I would suspect the opti itself got wet inside.
Old 11-22-2003, 05:50 PM

No coolant got back there really only water, the water should be dry by now anyway..Ill reset the pcm now.. Why would it be in limp mode??
Old 11-22-2003, 07:28 PM

TTT
Old 11-22-2003, 07:34 PM

Originally posted by CoUnTryMuZiCZ28
No coolant got back there really only water, the water should be dry by now anyway..Ill reset the pcm now.. Why would it be in limp mode??
If the engine got too hot.....if the check guage light didnt come on it shouldnt have gone into limp mode but resetting is easy to do and worth a try even if its a long shot.

Water can cause a problem too....and if it gets in a boot or opti it may not dry without some help.
Old 11-22-2003, 07:48 PM

i had the same problem with the lower hose on the wp getting a hole while driving, cut it and put back on just the same, car ran funny but still did 130 from nm to az with out any problems, i have not reset the comp, should i do that and if so how do i reset the comp, by the way i have a 95 z28 m6, with same problems
thanks
Old 11-22-2003, 07:49 PM
Advanced Member

I thought 95Z's didn't have traction control?
Old 11-22-2003, 07:51 PM

My 95 Z has traction control.... Reset the PCM by pulling the fuse in the under hood box marked "PCM BATT", leave it out for about 30 min to be sure.... What do you mean the car drove funny??? I dont understand how that would make the car drive any different..
Old 11-22-2003, 07:53 PM

i wish mine didnt have tc that stuff sucks ***
Old 11-22-2003, 07:55 PM

I like my traction control.. Keeps me from sliding around when I dont want to.
Old 11-22-2003, 07:58 PM

usually it will shift from 1-5 normally, but after the hose got the hole and all the coolant shot out, it had a miss to it , but once i got it up to 130 it ran fine with no miss or hesitation

Quick Reply: Omg Worst Luck Ever!!! Holy Crap!!! Help!!!