LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

An or NPT threaded 1-way Check valve???

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 06:54 PM

An or NPT threaded 1-way Check valve???

Routing my PCV from the drivers side of the intake into a catch can into the suckside of the blower and I have basically everything figured out instead of a fitting that can connect to my weld on PCV bung (http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku)
I took my stock PCV rubber Gormet off the other day an it looks like about a -12 or maybe -16 size.
I plan on running stainless steel braided lines and I need something I can use as a 1-way Check valve.

Any Ideas on where I can get one, I looked on Summit and Jegs and I really coudn't come up with anything.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:15 PM

Re: An or NPT threaded 1-way Check valve???

www.mcmaster.com has NPT threaded check valves
Old 10-09-2006, 10:37 AM

Hmm, I checked that site and I really couldn't find anything I could use, also I wasn't aware there were so many types of check valves, lol
Anybody else?
Old 10-09-2006, 12:06 PM
Administrator

Why do you need a check valve? What would cause the line to flow backwards from the blower suction piping to the crankcase?
Old 10-09-2006, 12:32 PM

Why do you need a check valve? What would cause the line to flow backwards from the blower suction piping to the crankcase?
Fred, after thinking about it, I think your right. I have seen check valves in the Stock configuration on the PCV but with the Blower pulling the air I wouldn't need a Check valve anymore.
My inital thoughts were to stop any oil or air from going back into the intake valley and to have a Catch can to catch the oil before it entered the Charger.
Fred if you think it will be fine without a check valve then thats the direction I will go . Thanks, Ben
Old 10-09-2006, 04:53 PM
Administrator

Are you still intending to keep the PCV valve in the hole in the intake, or are you welding the fitting in the hole and eliminating the PCV valve altogether? The PCV valve is a "check valve" in a way. It has a spring that closes it off if any pressure is applied to the vacuum side, and another spring that closes it off if there is excessive pressure in the lifter valley. The "ball" in the valve sort of floats in between the two springs.

This is a blower motor that uses a vacuum pump to evacuate the crankcase (and a vacuum relief valve to control air flow in on the other side). There is no check valve provided in the line from the valve cover to the vacuum pump.

http://www.injuneer.com/images/photo.../DCP03825a.jpg
Old 10-09-2006, 05:45 PM

welding the fitting in the hole and eliminating the PCV valve and running a -10 line into a husky air/oil separator into the Elbow of the Blower.

When I look at the stock PCV setup, I see a Rubber Gormet with a Check valve installed running to the 1/4 opening beneath the TB.

There is no check valve provided in the line from the valve cover to the vacuum pump.
So I woun't have to run one since I am pulling from the valley, which is basically the same as pulling from the valvecover in essence. Another reason I thought I needed a check valve is b/c I hear people boosting the crankcase under boost, but that is with stock PCV configuration from what I have seen??

I would run a Vacuum pump, but I drive this car everyday and it seems more like a Head ache to mess with. BTW is that George Baxter's car???? If so how is that monster running haven't heard from it in a while.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:04 AM
Administrator

He sold it 2 years ago.