LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Need Help* Recieved engine from Bogus Shop TALKUS ENGINES

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 01:24 AM

Angry Need Help* Recieved engine from Bogus Shop TALKUS ENGINES

Hey guys I ordered an engine over a year ago from this guy who dicked around with my moeny for a year and finally sent me an engine which was half of what i ordered* The guy was a complete moron and trades actively on ebay as rpmmotorsport.

I have some information and numbers fom my block that i need help deciphering badly* PLEASE HELP!! here is all the info from the block, rods and pistons

BLOCK READS:
2 GM 5.7 LG SGI - I am guessing this means 5.7 Liter Long block.
558 - ?
10125327 - Serial Number?
2S2211533 - 95 Block ? Last digits of vin? the S looked like a 5 (hard to tell)

The rods were supposed to be "X" Rods which have more material around the bearing end that fails easiest.
The rods read:
905 - ? Are these stock or special? I think he is trying to rip me off....

Pistons have double dish pattern on top and are supposed to be forged. Numbers read:
345 NP .030
04-341-05-C

What do these numbers mean and are my pistons a good quality forged piston?

This guy was a nightmare to deal with. Anybody that knows anyhitng please let me know*!

Thank you guys, Hopefulyl I can work this out, he diddn't install the camshaft he said he was going to install and I also paid for ARP rod and main bolts. The bolts look like stock bolts so how much is this worth so I can get a refund. What a scumbag.....
Old 05-07-2005, 01:32 AM

Re: Need Help* Recieved engine from Bogus Shop TALKUS ENGINES

The VIN of your engine is: 2G2FV22P4S2211533

1995 Formula/Trans Am

The car was an automatic with 2.73 gears and came with a 118 MPH speed limiter. (basically it didn't have many options when ordered)
Old 05-07-2005, 01:57 AM

Question Re: Need Help* Recieved engine from Bogus Shop TALKUS ENGINES

sweet thanks for the info man, now to find out about the connecting rods and pistons, I know the crank looks nice and I paid about two grand ot have the whole thing put together with splayed mains, it was supposed to be balanced and blueprinted but I doubt it is, It has to be balanced somewhat but I doubt it is very good,. I am thinking of just buying H beam rods and having somone local install everything and balance it up right. What do you think I should do?

Kurt
Old 05-07-2005, 10:24 AM

Arrow Re: Need Help* Recieved engine from Bogus Shop TALKUS ENGINES

ANyone able to figure out anyhting about the pistons or connectiing rods I have. I have searched for "905" for the rods and haven't found anyhting specific yet.

Old 05-07-2005, 05:10 PM

thats a cast piston from Speed Pro/Sealed Power
Old 05-08-2005, 07:53 AM

Thumbs down Re: Need Help* Recieved engine from Bogus Shop TALKUS ENGINES

Yup, your right and the guy sent me cast pistons, regular connecting rods and never balanced anyhitng.

This guy thigns he's getting away with somthing. ANyone ever have to sue somone from out of state? Or deal withg etting ripped off by somone selling them an engine?

I had a guy send me 2.73 gears and say they were 3.83's a long while back and I never did anyhitng about it and this time I am not going to rest until I ge thte motherF**ker who is F**king with me.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by djk19
Yup, your right and the guy sent me cast pistons, regular connecting rods and never balanced anyhitng.

This guy thigns he's getting away with somthing. ANyone ever have to sue somone from out of state? Or deal withg etting ripped off by somone selling them an engine?

I had a guy send me 2.73 gears and say they were 3.83's a long while back and I never did anyhitng about it and this time I am not going to rest until I ge thte motherF**ker who is F**king with me.
Did you pay using your credit card? You cold try a claim with them. I pay always with a credit card as I have never had any luck with ebay or paypal. Otherwise if done thru ebay, there are the usual ways to go about claiming with them. Small claims is another way but I would at least talk with a lawyer and see what they got to say and what your rights are.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by djk19
I am thinking of just buying H beam rods and having somone local install everything and balance it up right. What do you think I should do?

sounds like a good idea............i would certainly not put any engine in my car built by a scammer, you can guarantee it will have problems and youll just be pulling it out again later.