LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

LT1 Fuel Injector Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 01:39 PM

LT1 Fuel Injector Question

Hello, recently purchased a set of the "Blue Demon" rebuilt injectors from Fuel Injector Connection (https://fuelinjectorconnection.com/c...-iroc-firebird). In the mail today I received the style of injector pictured below, can these injector's be used in the 94-97 LT1 motors? It's a Bosch 3 style, I thought I read somewhere that these cannot be used in place of the standard style because they created fuel wash due to the differences in spray pattern? I'm definitely no expert in this subject so any info is helpful, just thought I'd ask before emailing them. Ordered 30ib'ers @ 43.5PSI for my setup.

Thanks, Grant

Old 07-27-2020, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Re: LT1 Fuel Injector Question

The basic question is why they do not look like the Blue Demon injectors in website photo.

If you have a reference on the Bosch 3's having the wrong spray pattern, please post a link. I remember a past discussion on the wrong spray pattern but that involved someone trying to us the injectors intended for a 4-valve Ford head, which requires split cones to match the fact the fuel has to flow through two valves rather than 1. FIC has a video showing the Bosch 3 vs. Multec and the spray pattern is fine.

But FIC needs to explain why they don't look like the photo on the site, and what manufacturer, flow rate, intended use those injectors are. And, why did he send you something other than what you ordered?
Old 07-27-2020, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
The basic question is why they do not look like the Blue Demon injectors in website photo.

If you have a reference on the Bosch 3's having the wrong spray pattern, please post a link. I remember a past discussion on the wrong spray pattern but that involved someone trying to us the injectors intended for a 4-valve Ford head, which requires split cones to match the fact the fuel has to flow through two valves rather than 1. FIC has a video showing the Bosch 3 vs. Multec and the spray pattern is fine.

But FIC needs to explain why they don't look like the photo on the site, and what manufacturer, flow rate, intended use those injectors are. And, why did he send you something other than what you ordered?
Essentially that is the question yes, I did a little research after and you're definitely right, the spray pattern between them is fine. I had confused these for the Ford multi-valve engune discussion that I read a while back. Flow rating is stated on the sticker in the box as 30ib at 43.5psi, so it's correct there. I'll gladly accept a nicer set of injectors but someone else may have recieved mine and vice-versa lol. These may be modified to fit correctly in the rail? I'll take another picture of the paperwork when I get home from work
Old 07-27-2020, 04:20 PM

Forgot I had them in my car actually, so the big question then is will these work for my application?

Old 07-27-2020, 10:35 PM

Update: I emailed their support and got a pretty quick reply. The photo on the listing is old, and they stated "We upgrade everyone to the 3 as the 2 is not ethanol compatible,these are much better". So I guess that's all there is behind it. Instructions state that they have installed a seat modification to makeup for the 1/4in difference between the Bosch 3 and the multecs. Great support and a fast reply on their end so kudos to Fuel Injector Connection.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:40 PM
Administrator

They need to update the photo.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
They need to update the photo.
I agree, they know now if they didn't before, it's a little misleading and causes some confusion