LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Lt1 blower and nitrous?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 05:03 PM

Lt1 blower and nitrous?

Hey guys!
I am new to this site even though I have read a lot of forms religiously and have help me out a ton so thank you for that! But this is my first time posting and need some help. I am sorry if this is already on here somewhere but cannot find it. I have a 94 lt1 camaro with 50k miles on it. Mods include a powerdyne ( on when I bought the car not my choice) supercharger at 4 psi, bbk headers, electric cutouts, fuel pump, stock injectors( don't think that matters since I would be shooting wet), new opti,coil, plugs,wires,msd 6a box, a4,3:42 gears on a set of 275/40/17 nitto drag radials, and a tune. My fuel pressure is always great but going to get it re tuned because I feel my afr is alittle rich 12.3-12.4 wot or maybe not that rich? My question is if I add a 50-75 shot wet you think it will hurt anything? I am only running 4-4.5psi and feel like this motor has plenty of life in it and see people shooting 100-150 at it with no issues. I don't want to get rid of the supercharger just add alittle something. I would just change the plugs and maybe take 2 deg timing out of it if need be. Any help would be great! Thanks in advance!
Old 06-19-2017, 08:08 AM

Re: Lt1 blower and nitrous?

Welcome to the site!

I'm sure you'll get a lot of good info on the question you asked but I'll ask you a question...Why not just turn up the pressure on the supercharger? You can just use a larger crank pulley ( the vortech will work) and increase from 4.5psi to 6+ psi easily.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:24 AM

I thought of that first. But I have heard you don't want to on a powerdyne since internally belt driven. I mean if everyone thinks it will be fine what size and where do I get one?
Old 06-19-2017, 02:54 PM
Administrator

Questions involving superchargers are more likely to get relevant info on the "Forced Induction" forum. Unfortunately, the response time on that forum is even slower that in "LT1 Based Engine Tech".

I can't think of too many people here at this point who have run both boost and spray.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:02 PM

928 Motorsports LLC® - Supercharger Rebuilds, Rebuild Kits, Upgrades and Accessories