LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

LS7 Lifter ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by mdenz3

The cup depths are different. I compared them when I installed them, there is about a 0.1" difference in the cup depth.

If you don't belive me:
http://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost.p...6&postcount=11

To the OP; Get the stock LS7 lifters when you install them check your pushrod legnth and then order the correct ones. You will need to do that anyway if you are going to upgrade to better rockers too.
This is true. I measured them on my install to.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:56 PM

The cup depths are different. I compared them when I installed them, there is about a 0.1" difference in the cup depth.

If you don't belive me:

To the OP; Get the stock LS7 lifters when you install them check your pushrod legnth and then order the correct ones. You will need to do that anyway if you are going to upgrade to better rockers too.

what size did you end up using, the ls7's are deeper so you would need a longer on right for stock? I measured 7.165 using a lt lifter so should I add or subtract from that for the ls lifter? that is using the pro mag RR to
Old 03-10-2008, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Javier97Z28
Did you check your valvetrain geometry to make sure?
Originally Posted by '94 Bad A Z28
Yes, everything is perfect.

If you don't belive me:

Originally Posted by '94 Bad A Z28
Maybe so, but a GM Master Tech is the one who installed them for me and everything is perfect.
So, if a GM Master Tech installed them, did you check the geometry yourself or just let him say it was "ok" ???
Old 03-10-2008, 02:22 PM

I just finished installing the caddy lifters and my geometry seems to be fine after my spring switch over as well(to PAC 1218's). The head of the Comp Pro Mag RR always stays in constant contact with the valve stem tip but realy doesn't move a whole lot from one side to the other(just a bit that's hardly noticable which is expected). It doesn't travel however over the entire valve stem tip like some diagrams I've looked at.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:46 PM

Anyone have a part # for the LS7 lifters?
Old 03-15-2008, 07:04 PM

Exactly what is the advantage to these LS7 lifters vs. the stockers in the LT1?
Old 03-15-2008, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by ACE1252
Exactly what is the advantage to these LS7 lifters vs. the stockers in the LT1?

There is no real advantages over the stockers other then being a cheap aftermarket replacement.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Plague
So, if a GM Master Tech installed them, did you check the geometry yourself or just let him say it was "ok" ???
why would you question someone who does this for a living? I don't understand why your questioning this (?)
Old 03-16-2008, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by maverickmk
why would you question someone who does this for a living? I don't understand why your questioning this (?)
Because people make mistakes or just don't know what they ought to.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:14 AM

Not too mention a GM master tech may know his way around the GM platforms, sure, but he may not up and up on all of the aftermarket stuff.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:22 AM

so, someone who builds a motor once every few years is going to be better than someone who works on cars/motors for a living?
Old 03-17-2008, 07:24 AM

so, someone who builds a motor once every few years is going to be better than someone who works on cars/motors for a living?
half the guys that work in my shop i would not trust to build me a paper air plain let alone an engine, and they are all ford master techs

even if they were the best tech they may not know much about interchanging parts between models like that or just aftermarket parts in general
Old 03-17-2008, 07:38 AM

I wasn't implying that, but take this site for example. There are alot of people on here who have been first time builders and done so with success. Why, because they take alot of time to research the parts, specs, and procedure to do the job.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:57 AM

Let's see, he has his own performance shop, works on LT1, LS1, LS2, LS6, LQ9, LS7 motors (amongst others) all day... yeah you guys are right, I should never have even trusted him with my car.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:56 AM

It depends on where there experience lies. Engines in general are the same, but there are lots of things different between them. It's ok to trust someone based on their experience with whatever you have. Heck, I do all my own work and sometimes I have to look up something I might have forgotten.

On the rare occasion that someone else does something to my car (even dealer warranty), I still look over what they did. Not pointing anyone out or purposely being derogatory, I have seen self proclaimed ASE Master Techs post things that indicated a failure of understanding.

Point is, there are great techs out there and mediocre ones. You can't take any of them at face value.

Quick Reply: LS7 Lifter ?