LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

LE2 setup vs. AI 190cc

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 05:31 AM

*cough* lets not forget who got disqualified from the engine build-off

AI makes great performing products...end of story, and I doubt a guy with as much work and time into his car like Rick would throw on a set of LE heads to see what happens ... everybodies going to cry to eachother back and forth just let it go.. nobody cares you buy LE heads, ill buy AI heads and we can argue /// yey

SSMPSTR youre funny as hell hahaa
Old 07-05-2007, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by OrbitalChris
*cough* lets not forget who got disqualified from the engine build-off

AI makes great performing products...end of story, and I doubt a guy with as much work and time into his car like Rick would throw on a set of LE heads to see what happens ... everybodies going to cry to eachother back and forth just let it go.. nobody cares you buy LE heads, ill buy AI heads and we can argue /// yey

SSMPSTR youre funny as hell hahaa
Hey dude, everyone let it go but you dip$hit. Way to bring up a year old thread.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:01 PM

Wow,this was a long read but it was interesting and funny.I have great respect for Joe Overton and what he has done with his car,i read about it in GMhightech.But i still think Bret is the man,the reason being is i feel he specs cams based on what the customer wants and not what he thinks will generate the highest dyno numbers or the quickest ET.And that = complete customer satisfaction and really that is what is most important.As far as LE vs AI,i think it is disresectful to both parties to compare them in this way,they are both great and their customers all seem to agree they both offer great customer satisfaction.And as for Lloyd,i respect the hell out of that guy,have you ever read a post by him that has ever insulted anyone,i have not.All i can say is Lloyd
Old 07-05-2007, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by f1camaro
But i still think Bret is the man,the reason being is i feel he specs cams based on what the customer wants and not what he thinks will generate the highest dyno numbers or the quickest ET.And that = complete customer satisfaction and really that is what is most important.

Wow. To each his own I suppose. So, following that logic, couldn't anyone who doesn't know how to go fast spec a cam for you just the same? In that respect, he is no more qualified to spec a cam than anyone else who reads through a ton of other sites' technical sections.

Giving the customer exactly what he/she wants irrespective of whether it is right or wrong is not complete customer service IMO. That's the difference between telling someone what they want to hear versus educating them on what they need to know.

I surmise if you're happy, at the end of the day, that is all that matters.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:05 PM

Well i understand what your saying,all i ment is some guys are not out to run as fast as they can,some are conserned about what they consider driveable in everyday situations.I read alot more than post on here and all i am saying is Bret and Lloyd have earned my trust even though i have never purchased anything from them,and there are many others on here that i trust as well.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:28 AM

Talking

Gentlemen, I think that both AI & LE offer great products @ a resonsable price. I have talked to both of them and came away with nothing but good things to say. If you want a little more of a one on one small shop you can go with LE, but advance puts out some awsome stuff. I personally went with AFR, but was dissappoited until I got all of the supporting parts. I think that is the key no matter who you go with, know how much you want to spend and how radical are you willing to be.

96 T/A LT1 396 10.07 @132 with big stuff 3 spinning to 7300rpms 520rwhp
Old 07-06-2007, 02:52 AM

how about this.. if you want to come call me a dip**** come do it, dont hide behind daddys computer, anyone on hear can say whatever they want and have their own opinion. the facts quite obviously back up some opinions of course... who puts out the most badass setups that put out the best times > AI its histerical you guys take this s(h(T so seriously