LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Just a little info for the LT1 guys :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 09:23 AM

I'm glad Port Masters is here. Another player in the LT1 world. The competition brings in better products, and better pricing.

SSMPSTR - you need to get laid or something. Your too uptight.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

Ok... looks like things have been worked out so lets not prolong the earlier posts by continuing to reply to them when an apology has been made and everything is cool Thanks!
Old 05-22-2008, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by JasonK94Z
I'm glad Port Masters is here. Another player in the LT1 world. The competition brings in better products, and better pricing.

Thanks for looking out for my well-being

And yes, as I said earlier, and has been echoed a few times again, another LTX player in the game is in fact excellent news.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:59 PM

Thought you LT1 guys would like this. We just finished this 385ci LT1 stroker for a customer. We will have some dyno numbers up as soon as we get them. He is going with our stage 3 LT1 heads and a custom camshaft. Should have some results in the next few weeks

We are going to also show you guys some very cool stuff real soon..We will take you through a set of our Stage 2 LS6 heads we are doing right now from start to finish..also a 454ci LSX with our stage 2 LS7 heads and a custom grind cam. We will walk you guys through the build up of both LS7 and LS6 heads as well as the 454 assembly I will get some more pics up soon.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:51 PM

Dont forget pics of the shop . Show us all over the outside and inside, give us a tour of the joint.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by PortMasters
Thought you LT1 guys would like this.
A lot of us LT1 guys love track results as well as dyno numbers. IMO I'd rather see track results first and then dyno numbers. I'd much rather see ET's/MPH/car data/track condition type info. No offense. Just FYI.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:43 PM

VERY glad to see another company, producing LTx parts. Depending on the results of the Stage 3 combo...You might have you another customer...SR though
Old 05-22-2008, 10:06 PM

Here are some quick pics, i'll guide you guys through the install facility and then i'll take you through the machine shop as well

Creeping inside the assembly room.

Almost there!

Some tools laid out before we begin mock up assembly.

We will take you through all of the rooms slowly because we are kinda limited on time, plus this way is kind of cool so we can show you each room individually I snapped some pics before we left the shop in a hurry..the BBQ place down the street was closing! lol.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:24 PM

Dang, place looks like a house.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by bombebomb
Dang, place looks like a house.
Thanks We like wood floors lol. I'll go through the shop part with you guys as well. Before we moved into this place it was a telecommunications building with a warehouse. I love it, it's cozy and really clean.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by JasonK94Z
I've been off this board for about a year setting up a new business with my 4.10 geared 480 rwhp (non-race) Lt4 C4 basically sitting in my garage. However......

At first view of this board, it pains me to see the immature smack talkers talk smack about a new vendor when they know nothing at all about them. (Goes with the territory of a bargain performance vehicle I guess) The original post was obviously thought out and very articulate in their introduction. When I see this, my first question is the experience of the poster thowing knives at someones back. How about you post your mods and dyno sheets to see your combo and how you have optimized it?? However......

As a new vendor to say your state-of-the art and the real deal is one thing. To prove it is another.

Like any new company, you need to develop a mule and show actual dyno results along with hopefully track times with vehicle weight and tire/gear used to validate the results. At first view, the flow numbers posted are nothing to write mother home about but if your cam combo along with smaller port volume in reality does produce the results you say…..Don’t be ashamed to show the world. You state cam split is less than a 306 and is optimized for the heads, but as any good cam/head porter knows, the split is based upon intake to exhaust flow ratio's.

Through the 13 years and literally tens of thousands of dollars in car parts and dyno time with Ltx engines, I've found no golden eggs nor giant bean stalks. Only small incremental improvements in performance. Hint: My 12.8 to 1 compression 398ci motor uses 222cc TF heads with a modest mid 240 duration cam with .630 lift- but that appears to be what that particular stroker motor like)

I have unfortunately; found more dishonest vendors than honest ones with a few that are honest, sincere and “the real deal.” My butt has been burnt so many times with less than ethical vendors, you can drive a semi through it. (My apologies for the picture painted)

As with any science (hot rodding is a science) objective results will always validate the real world performance.

In other words....Don’t dive into the pound until you know how deep it is, but give um a break and let them show it’s deep enough to drive head first into.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Denny McLain
I've been off this board for about a year setting up a new business with my 4.10 geared 480 rwhp (non-race) Lt4 C4 basically sitting in my garage. However......

At first view of this board, it pains me to see the immature smack talkers talk smack about a new vendor when they know nothing at all about them. (Goes with the territory of a bargain performance vehicle I guess) The original post was obviously thought out and very articulate in their introduction. When I see this, my first question is the experience of the poster thowing knives at someones back. How about you post your mods and dyno sheets to see your combo and how you have optimized it?? However......

As a new vendor to say your state-of-the art and the real deal is one thing. To prove it is another.

Like any new company, you need to develop a mule and show actual dyno results along with hopefully track times with vehicle weight and tire/gear used to validate the results. At first view, the flow numbers posted are nothing to write mother home about but if your cam combo along with smaller port volume in reality does produce the results you say…..Don’t be ashamed to show the world. You state cam split is less than a 306 and is optimized for the heads, but as any good cam/head porter knows, the split is based upon intake to exhaust flow ratio's.

Through the 13 years and literally tens of thousands of dollars in car parts and dyno time with Ltx engines, I've found no golden eggs nor giant bean stalks. Only small incremental improvements in performance. Hint: My 12.8 to 1 compression 398ci motor uses 222cc TF heads with a modest mid 240 duration cam with .630 lift- but that appears to be what that particular stroker motor like)

I have unfortunately; found more dishonest vendors than honest ones with a few that are honest, sincere and “the real deal.” My butt has been burnt so many times with less than ethical vendors, you can drive a semi through it. (My apologies for the picture painted)

As with any science (hot rodding is a science) objective results will always validate the real world performance.

In other words....Don’t dive into the pound until you know how deep it is, but give um a break and let them show it’s deep enough to drive head first into.
Denny,
If you're referring to me, there's no smack talk - just a request for credentials. In such, there is no need to post 440+rwhp or trap speeds of 120+mph because it is irrelevant - you don't need a fast car to inquire about credentials. As it turns out, anyone can ask for them.

The credentials I asked for, ironically, are to help prevent 'burnings' as you've described them - we've all been there and I know for one that I have a ton of 'mistake' and 'incompetent shop' money in my car than I care to tally.

My point was that you can say you've got x experience, y amount of fast cars, and z credentials on an internet board, you need to post x, y and z in terms that demonstrate this - it's no different in any profession. In fact, I don't think there is a single post in this entire thread that could be consituted as "throwing knives at someone's back" - maybe I'm wrong, and if I am, I'm sure you or someone else will point it out.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:44 PM

Any more info for us Port Masters?
Old 08-12-2008, 05:31 PM

I'd like to do some business with them but I'm going to hold back until I see and hear some track video's
Old 08-12-2008, 06:23 PM

He probably took his ball and went home. I wouldn't blame him if he did.

Quick Reply: Just a little info for the LT1 guys :)