LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Grrrr...scoggin-dickey problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 06:05 PM

Grrrr...scoggin-dickey problems

I ordered what I thought was to be a set of LT4 intake gaskets from Scoggin-Dickey. If any of you have their catalog, they are listed on page 90, part number 12367777. The heading is "Intake Gasket Sets" and the description says "1996 LT-4 High Performance.......$17.85"

There is NO mention whatsoever that this would be for ONE gasket, not a set as the heading states...

So imagine my surprise when I receive one gasket. Even the pacakage says "2 pcs"

I emailed them and their response was

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The part #12367777 comes one per package, let me know what you want me to do.

Thanks, Josh
Scoggin Dickey
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WTF??? I responded with the following:

quote:
Well, then I guess I am disappointed. Your catalog has it listed under gasket "sets" and makes no mention that the gaskets are sold in single pieces whatsoever. This is on Pg 90 of the catalog I just received 2 weeks ago. In fact, I can't see why someone would order single intake gaskets, but I guess anything is possible. I am not happy about this in the least... As I said, the package says 2 gaskets, and the catalog makes NO mention of them being sold singly. I guess I will have to use more prudence if I am ever compelled to order from your company again as I am obviously not able to use your printed catalog as a guide to what I would receive with my order.

Think I am anything other than in the right to assume I was to receive a PAIR of gaskets (otherwise known as a SET)?? See ANY reason to believe I would receive one gasket?

Last edited by Timberwolf; 03-07-2003 at 06:07 PM.
Old 03-07-2003, 06:32 PM

You couldn't be more right and I admire your elequance with words and your ability to keep your head. They should and I hope that they provide you with another gasket for $0.00. Having already paid $18.00 is enough for 2 gaskets.

Thanks for the warning in dealing with those einsteins.
Old 03-08-2003, 07:11 AM

It pays to ask ?s and be better informed. Some GM gaskets come 2 in a pack, some 1 in a pack. That is GM part in a gm package. How many do you think you would get if ordered from a local GM dealer? I understand your reasoning, but it is not SD's fault, they are just a gm messenger.
Old 03-08-2003, 07:21 AM

Originally posted by arnie
It pays to ask ?s and be better informed. Some GM gaskets come 2 in a pack, some 1 in a pack. That is GM part in a gm package. How many do you think you would get if ordered from a local GM dealer? I understand your reasoning, but it is not SD's fault, they are just a gm messenger.
The GM package says 2pcs right on the label. The package was open on one end, obvioulsy to remove a gasket...
Old 03-08-2003, 07:49 AM

Originally posted by arnie
But they are a poor messenger. If you I ordered a intake gasket set I would think I was receving 2 sides. I looked this part # up on gmpartsdirect.com and they told you that you needed two.

Last edited by 96ltz; 03-08-2003 at 07:52 AM.
Old 03-08-2003, 08:16 AM

Originally posted by Timberwolf
The GM package says 2pcs right on the label. The package was open on one end, obviously to remove a gasket...
This gasket is purchased in units of ONE. ONE to a package. If they (GM) started putting 2 in a pack that would be a new one on me.

But they are a poor messenger. If you I ordered a intake gasket set I would think I was receving 2 sides. I looked this part # up on gmpartsdirect.com and they told you that you needed two.

I believe that last sentence was added later (by parts direct) due to the confusion Timberwolf is experiencing now with SD. Original wording is issued by GM.
Old 03-08-2003, 08:28 AM

Look in the GM performance parts catalog too.
https://www.spoperformanceparts.com/
Also makes note of this.
Old 03-09-2003, 10:49 AM

A little off the subject, but that Scroggins-Dickey catalog has more mistakes and typos in it than any catalog I have ever seen. A mistake like this doesn't surprise me at all. Maybe it's a reflection on their business in general, maybe not.
Josh should offer you a pair for the advertised price or pay for return shipping on the one you got IMO. "Let me know what you want to do" is the absolute least he could do and would make sure they never got any more business from me.
Old 03-09-2003, 11:13 AM

I have the triple seven intake set hanging on the shop wall, unopened, TWO gaskets. Cost me 14 and change. It's a few years old, maybe they have changed packageing.